collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Honey, honey, do you think I'm a fool? Think I'm gonna quit you while the weather is cool? - Will Bennett, Railroad Bill

Author Topic: New Events Calendar  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
New Events Calendar
« on: January 30, 2008, 03:16:33 PM »
We've struggled with Event Calendars for a number of years, trying various flavors that have been mostly disappointing.  So, we are returning to the built-in SMF forum calendar which we used to use.  I believe it has been developed to the point of providing a very functional calendar.  The calendar is there for your use so hopefully you will post events that may be of interest to others on the site.  Calendar entries can now be linked to Posts(in order to provide more details of the event). The default board where linked posts are written is "Country Blues - Other Events", but posts may be directed to whatever board is appropriate.

There are various ways to enter the Calendar.  There is "Member Calendar" menu item on the left side bar.  You can click either a Mini Calendar day link or the mini Paramount Poster both located on the right side bar (the Mini Calendar also features a tiny Weenie graphic that you can mouse over in order to see the event listed without going to the full size calendar). And there is a "Calendar" menu tab on the main forum index.  So, feel free to give it a try and if you need some help, just holler.

Thanks,
Slack

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: New Events Calendar
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »
One additional thing to add about the new Calendar.  If you save a post without linking it to the calendar, there is now a tab at the bottom of the topic named, strangely enough, "Link to Calendar" with which to link an existing post or topic.

I've also updated the sticky topic under the Other Events board, for a handier review.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal