collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I had to sell my soul to the devil in order to learn to play like [Tommy Johnson]. Only the fellow who called himself the devil offered to teach me guitar in ten easy lessons, fifty dollars down and ten dollars per lesson. And he wasn't a man, exactly, but a transvestite who called himself "Peetie Wheatstraw's mother-in-law - Steve Calt, attributed to Shirley Griffith

Author Topic: Losin' Kind Blues  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
Re: Losin' Kind Blues
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 07:13:34 PM »
There ya go! ;)
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 07:51:37 PM »
I might try and drag out my sabbatical a bit longer than a month. I need to get my brain together and get in shape, go skiing after I finally haul the last truckload to Colorado on Jan 31st. Cheryl's working, has been making more than me for some time now. I tend to work longer for the same outfit (been working in the States for the same company since we got here in 2005), Cheryl changes jobs every year or less and takes a break in between. I'm just ready to cash-in my accumulated karma break credits.

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 12:43:01 AM »
Well as certain tavern novelty signs say....."Work is the Curse of the Drinking Class!" :P
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 06:46:47 PM »
Or as a certain Amish farmer said to me recently, after I had thanked him for taking time off farm work to show us around his farm, "Oh, no problem. It'll still be there waitin' for me when I go back to it. Ain't never had work run away from me yet".

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal