collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Dang! This is the worst doughnut I ever did eat - Bill Monroe takes his first bite of a bagel, newspaper article on the 50th anniversary of the St. Viateur bagel shop

Author Topic: Bluechip picks  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Bluechip picks
« on: August 07, 2014, 08:11:17 PM »
Cheryl and I went to the Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival in E. Durham NY on a Saturday day pass recently. Managed to mostly avoid the Bluegrass :P and saw some good off-genre acts, notably the Carolina Chocolate Drops, and, out of left field, since I'd not heard of them before, The Barley Jacks. The very enjoyable sets from both, lovely weather and a nice crowd made it well worth the trip.

Anyway, I was walking around the concession stands and happened upon one selling picks. They had a couple of guitars and other instruments you could use to test the picks so, like a good weenie, I sat down and tried them out.

I started with a beautifully crafted thumbpick. To cut a long story short I bought two after half an hour of running though the ol' repertoire. I would have bought ten but they were $35 each!! Ouch. As I prepared to leave I noticed a set of two finely finished fingerpicks, same price. I asked to try them, bad mistake. Another half hour later I left with the two thumbpicks and the set of two fingerpicks.

I like to think I'm an experienced judge of picks, I think it's all in the finish, design, materials and fit. These are the best I've ever seen and used. The thumbpicks are aimed at banjo players but are perfect for guitar.

The price is crazy, but they are absurdly good picks. By way of a disclaimer, I have no commercial- or any other interest in wholeheartedly recommending them.

The thumbpicka: http://shop.bluechippick.net/products/BCT%252dJDL.html
The fingerpicks: http://shop.bluechippick.net/sammy-shelor-fingerpicks/

Offline sustaireblues

Re: Bluechip picks
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 05:48:13 AM »
Yep, those thumbpicks work great for me!

Offline RobBob

• Blues is truth.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 02:12:37 PM »
I like the Pro-pick thumb pick and it costs a lot less and work fine.

Offline obrigadotony

• Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 06:00:17 PM »
I picked one up online - I'm having issues with the fit and it doesn't feel as comfortable.  I also ordered some John Pearse Vintage thumb picks and those are the most comfortable so far.

Given the price I paid, I will try the Bluechip multiple times over to see if I can get used to it  O0

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal