collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Every time she shakes, some man's dollar's gone - Blind Boy Fuller, Meat Shakin' Woman

Author Topic: cheap and easy video setup  (Read 1170 times)

Offline a2tom

• stickman's got 'em
cheap and easy video setup
« on: May 10, 2005, 08:12:31 PM »
I was in a computer store the other day buying something I needed when something I didn't need caught me eye - the WebCams, i.e. instant messaging video cameras.  I was surprised by how cheap, so I decided to try it out for da blues, Little Brother style.

I walked out with a Logitech Communicator camera, with a built in mic, all USB connected.  I think I paid $45.  Set up in a snap.  Now I am a mouse click away from turning it on and recording a video of me playing.  The quality isn't great, but perfectly acceptable for Weenie posting.

I also downloaded a utility called FX Movie Splitter from http://www.jhepple.com/ - this allows one to grab just a section of the total video and convert it to a more compressed file format.  $20 to register.  There are scads of similar splitters for basically the same price.

So $45 or $65 depending on your desire to split and convert.  Tomorrow I will post a first clip so you can check it out.  I think it could be a great and very simple way to share ideas, teach, perform, whatever.

tom

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal