collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Bebop? Avant-garde? Yeah, I heard of them. I also heard of these kids called the Bright Brothers? Wright Brothers? Who claim they can make you fly. It'll never catch on, none of it - Art Hodes

Author Topic: Forum Upgrade - Saturday about noon  (Read 2413 times)

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
Re: Forum Upgrade - Saturday about noon
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 10:45:34 AM »
Lindy, we've usually called it the Oracle.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I hadn't seen the word "Oracle" used in conversation recently.

I just found a little quirk, I don't know if it has anything to do with the recent round of tech changes. I tried to use the search function to find the thread "The Girl I Love," and it wouldn't give me any hits, telling me that "each search term must be more than one letter." That word "I" is pretty common, any way to fix that?

L

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 10:51:15 AM »
Don't know whether it's fixable but it has always done that as far as I recall. The way around it is to search such phrases using quotes.

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 12:03:49 PM »
Looks great, very nice.

One thing. In the Who's Online" box. When I'm online I'm listed as pyrochlore (my old name) not Ghostrider. Possibly this has to do with the fact that I still have to Login as pyrochlore, even all these years after changing to Ghostrider.

Very minor point. The customable stuff is really nice.

Alex

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 01:17:47 PM »
One thing. In the Who's Online" box. When I'm online I'm listed as pyrochlore (my old name)

I switched to a different Who's Online block, which I think will fix the problem.

The customable stuff is really nice.

I think so too -- we've got other stuff to try, we'll have some fun.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 08:04:35 AM »
Some tweaks went up this morning. These include a massive reduction to the white space (which was not a popular feature!), improved header background (force your browser to reload to be sure you get the new version of the background image), reduced wasted space in the 'breadcrumb trail' under the top menu, and a nicer font for titles (for example the one on the dark brown background).

There is more work going on to improve the look, specifically providing a tad more definition to the various blocks by adjusting some underlying background color shades, and to fix the left & right edge 'stairstep' where they meet the heading.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:09:13 AM by Rivers »

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal