collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Well she shakes like the Central and she wobbles like the L&N.. well she's a hot-shot mama and I'm scared to tell her where I been - Blind Willie McTell, Scarey Day Blues

Author Topic: High hopes...  (Read 965 times)

Offline alyoung

High hopes...
« on: July 25, 2017, 05:43:55 AM »
Lucky ol' us -- here the chance to buy Junior Wells' personal copy of Wolf's "Evil" album on Chess. All you need is $US7500 and it's yours (or you could make a lesser bid, but don't even think of offering less than $4500). After you've shuddered at the price, read on down -- the vendor is selling a chunk of Junior's record collection, including some interesting titles (ZZ Top? Allman Brothers?) http://www.ebay.com/itm/253056858144

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: High hopes...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 08:43:31 AM »
Yeah, the prices are crazy for used records, but as the executor of Junior's estate he's bound by law to practice due diligence while acting in the best interest of Junior's rightful heirs. This probably means first going after the collectors market to see if there is any interest before trying to sell the used LPs at fair market value.

From the condition of the records, it looks like Junior listened to them and just didn't collect them, especially the 78s.

Offline Lignite

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 01:16:32 PM »
As a record collector, I doubt that he'll get any takers on these. They are all very common releases and I doubt Junior has enough of a name to attract collectors to be willing to pay that ridiculous amount of money asked.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 02:40:44 PM »
I agree--I doubt he'll get any bites, but at least he can demonstrate to the heirs that he followed the proper sequence of steps before listing them for FMV.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal