collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

The wig goes on. With you or without you - Metropolitan Opera boss Joseph Volpe sets a soprano straight.

Author Topic: Railroad boomer variant  (Read 431 times)

Offline Beanshambone

• Howdy!
Railroad boomer variant
« on: February 21, 2022, 10:55:53 PM »
Hey there, I’ve been trying to find this song that sounds just like “railroad boomer” by moonshine Kate or Riley pucket but it’s by a nasally sounding hillbilly who plays guitar and rack harp. I want to say it was titled “hobo blues” but I can’t remember who it was for the life of me. He sounded a lot like Bill Cox if I remember correctly.

Offline banjochris

Re: Railroad boomer variant
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 10:16:05 AM »
Looking through Country Music Sources quickly, there's a recording of "Railroad Boomer" by Goebel Reeves, although it doesn't mention harmonica. Lots of other recordings too, mostly by Vernon Dalhart, but nothing that says vocal/harmonica. No song labeled just "Hobo Blues" – besides Bill Cox, both Henry Whitter and Ernest Stoneman recorded a lot with vocal and harp, maybe a song by one of them. Whitter would be a better candidate for "nasal."
Chris

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 10:44:39 AM »
It might be George Reneau, too, or possibly Emry Arthur, though i can't see any titles for him on which he played harmonica on a rack that would match up with the description.

Offline eric

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 10:52:32 AM »
Montana Slim recorded a song titled Hobo Blues, but I don't think he was accompanied by harmonica on any of his recordings.
--
Eric

Offline jpeters609

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 11:06:18 AM »
Harmonia Frank Floyd recorded a "Frank's Hobo Blues," presumably around 1960 (for the Home of the Blues label), on which he reportedly accompanied himself on guitar and harmonica, as he was wont to do. BUT this side was apparently never issued or reissued so ... seems unlikely to be the one.
Jeff

Offline Beanshambone

• Howdy!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 10:04:02 PM »
I figured it out guys it took a while but I flipped through weeniepedia and found it! It is “hobo life” by Dave mccarn!

Offline banjochris

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 10:50:43 AM »
Glad you found it!
Chris

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal