collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The famous Mother of the Blues doesn't want you to ever forget her-that's how much she loves her friends! So we put her picture on her latest record, 'Dream Blues.' On the other side is 'Lost Wandering Blues' by 'Ma.' Accompaniments by Pruitt Twins on those guitars that made Kansas City famous.... This is the first time, to our knowledge, that any artist's picture has ever appeared on a record. Paramount is always first with the features - Chicago Defender ad, 7 June 1924 for Ma Rainey's souvenir record

Author Topic: Sod Throwin' Blues  (Read 706 times)

bayrum78

Sod Throwin' Blues
« on: December 24, 2014, 01:33:22 PM »
I was working on  Charlie Patton's Spoonful and this song just sort of emerged. Haven't shared for a while on the back porch so maybe it's time. It's is fun improvising variations on a simple riff.  Credit for lyrical Ideas come from Clarence Ashley, Hobart Smith, Eli Framer among others but I twisted some of them a bit to make them somewhat "my own" and to establish a permeating theme in an attempt to avoid the dreaded "floating verse syndrome."   :D  The canine cameo appearance at the front end of the video is  Riley, my obnoxious, paw proffering Catahoula Leopard pup. It's funny and rather juvenile  for me to do so, but I just HAVE to comment  on how the YoutTube link to the song suggests a four letter word after the  = sign.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 02:45:40 PM by bayrum78 »

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Sod Throwin' Blues
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 11:50:44 AM »
Like it, and the slide guitar banjo gives it an austere, spooky tone. Riley seems to disagree but what do dogs know.

bayrum78

Re: Sod Throwin' Blues
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 12:57:59 PM »
At least he didn't start howling ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal