collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
My songs ain't writ on papuh... them words, they just come to me while I sing. That's a true God-given talent I was borned with. Only real blues singers like me can make songs on the spot. No mutha's gonna teach you that - Guitar Gabriel, PTCBW 1995 in a semisober moment responding to a naïve student who asked "where ideas for his songs come from?"

Author Topic: Chords for "my four reasons"  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Clueless

• Howdy!
Chords for "my four reasons"
« on: August 28, 2015, 07:00:35 PM »
Does anyone have a working set of chords for My Four Reasons, by Ikey Robinson? It was played in the movie Louie Bluie, about Howard Armstrong, and was recorded in the 30s with Ikey Robinson and Frankie Jason. I'm using a tenor banjo like Ikey, but anything in a CGDA tuning would work. Thanks in advance guys.

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Re: Chords for "my four reasons"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 11:52:40 PM »
Sausage Grinder (my band) played it in F, which is the key for sure that Ikey played it in in Louie Bluie and I believe the key he played it in on the recording with Frankie Jaxon.

It's just a I-III-VI-II-V-I progression so F-A7-D7-G7-C7-F will work nicely. For the bridge, start on the A7, end on the C7. For the intro: B-flat-B dim 7 and then to the F progression.

Chris

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal