collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Black gal, black gal, what makes your head so hard? Like a two by four, in some lumber yard - Joe Pullum, song of the same name

Author Topic: WeenieGuernsey is off..... BUT read on  (Read 8574 times)

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Re: WeenieGuernsey is off..... BUT read on
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2008, 02:17:14 AM »
I've just been thinking again???????

Easter 2009 is 12th April, it would be easier all round trying to find somewhere if we set a firmish date for the event.What about 3,4,5th April? If this is not achievable then the last weekend in March.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 01:24:54 AM »
I'm with Richard on that one, Phil - speaking as a boring old fart who likes to get to bed on time and get a decent night's sleep to avoid feeling rough the next day...  And those National guitars have such a penetrating tone....  :)
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008, 02:17:58 AM »
PP, glad it's just not me, I really do have to switch off from it and have some space as much as I love the musac.

Phil  3-5 April, as far as I know at this stage that should be OKeh, I would imagine for Easter and after the hotels etc will be taking some real bookings... let's work on that, so the next step is  ::)
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline natterjack

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2008, 07:21:14 AM »
Probably should chime in here..... For obvious reasons, I am up for the new forest and would recommend Brockenhurst  >:D(I could walk and bring a few more guitars....), the Cloud Hotel might be suitable. Easter might not be such a good idea though as the traffic can be horrendous.

Couldn't make the w/e of 3-5 of April though as I am teaching people to survey for newts (you could always join me I guess...)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 07:23:01 AM by natterjack »

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008, 08:02:35 AM »
Holy sugar, I've always wanted to go on newt (inebriated as) groping survey :P

Well then, can i suggest that we all book in with you or maybe sweet talk you into visiting the aforsaid Clouds hostelery and enquiring..... you know the sort of thing we are after and see wot dates they could do, if any....!

You put yer wellie right that in that one, eh  :D and  anyway, is chime the right word, surely it should be croak?

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 04:21:53 AM »
Several of my Dad's suggestions are, I think, in or around Brockenhurst.  Natterjack may be able to have a peek at those too?

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2008, 02:15:46 PM »
Hi all:

Been talking this over with a friend, and there's a 90% chance of my being in attendance. If this comes off.

Alex

Offline natterjack

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2008, 02:31:43 AM »
That reminds me....

I did check out the cloud hotel in Brockenhurst but it's possibly a bit genteel.... :o
Have a couple of other places to investigate although it's all looking a bit expensive, plus I will have moved to Winchester by then...

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2008, 11:56:25 AM »
Fear not this may have gone a little quiet as things move slowly in the cold weather.

Due to the problems in finding somewhere as ameniable as the Cobo Bay hotel, the latest thought is maybe to hire a  decent-ish room somewhere for say the Friday\Satnight and leave the accommmodation up to individuals.

And to repeat... all suggestions welcome  :D

GR be good to see you - in the flesh even  :)

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2009, 08:23:17 AM »
Just a quickie to say this is just resting not mort, when I saw young Blueshome at the delightful Gatwick to collect my guitar the other day we had further words about it.

Our conclusion was as before! In that the best option will be for weenies to find their own accomodation close to a suitable venue (which we are working on and is of course the problem) which we hope will be in a pretty area so if you do have to travel at least there will some sightseeing or something to do other than get weenie-ised or possibly inebriated... imagine you could all bring your women folk, now wouldn't that be fun  :-X.

Natterjack.... what about a place where we could just use the function room or whatever.... any hotels fit that bill?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 08:25:30 AM by Richard »

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2009, 09:11:37 AM »
Natterjack.... what about a place where we could just use the function room or whatever.... any hotels fit that bill?/quote]

...or real ale pubs with good food..??? There's got to be a pub that hosts a folk club and would have a nice wee room up a  back stair???

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2009, 09:28:41 AM »
Didnt Bob Long used to be involved with something like that in Lymington?

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 10:20:44 AM »
Looks like we are all on the same songsheet now, collectively we might get there in the end!

Ah, NS yes... that there young Bob-a-Long we have beat you to it as we actually tried to get him from Gatwick!! But I don't know if he and Phil have since spoken ??? 

Tags: Guernsey 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal