collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Blues fans are just thick. You can play them any old rubbish and they'll cheer. It doesn't matter how badly you play because blues fans, who are supposed to he so intelligent, will accept anything, however abysmal' - Chris Mercer, quoted by the mysterious Neville Wiggins, The History of Rock Volume 5 Issue 56 (Stepping Out), 1983, p.1101-1103

Author Topic: Winter Holiday Sale, 2021! John Miller books and CDs  (Read 978 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Winter Holiday Sale, 2021! John Miller books and CDs
« on: November 14, 2021, 09:35:07 AM »
Hi all,
I wanted to let you know that I'm doing a Winter Holiday Sale within the United States on my books and CDs, through December 31, 2021. I'm offering the books below, each of which has a list price of $24.95 (except for the Christmas collection, which costs $20.00), at a sale price of $28.00 for the first book, to cover the cost of postage and a padded mailing envelope, and for each additional book you order, postage and handling are free, and the price goes down $1.00 per book, so a second book would cost an additional $24.00, a third book, $23.00, and the fourth book, an additional $22.00. Orders must be placed all at once to qualify for the sales prices, and be going to a single address. I will sign all books, or not if you let me know that is your preference.

Here are the books being offered from last year's sale:
   * John Miller's Country Blues Guitar Collection  24 songs presented in TAB and standard notation with lyrics provided and sound links to the original performances. Featured artists include: Mississippi John Hurt, Ed Bell, Furry Lewis, Memphis Minnie, Tom Dickson, Robert Wilkins, Julius Daniels, Blind Lake, Luke Jordan, Buddy Moss, Geeshie Wiley, Tommy Johnson, Walter Vinson, Bo Carter, Otis Harris and Lil' Son Jackson
   * The Guitar of Mississippi John Hurt--The Rediscovery Years 24 songs recorded by John Hurt between 1963 and 1966 presented in TAB and standard notation with lyrics provided and sound links to excerpts of the original performances.
   * East Coast Fingerstyle Blues Guitar 25 songs presented in TAB and standard notation with lyrics provided and sound links to the original performances. Featured artists include: Peg Leg Howell, William Moore, Luke Jordan, Blind Blake, Blind Willie McTell, Carl Martin, Buddy Moss, Blind Boy Fuller, Floyd Council, Virgil Childers, Sonny Jones, Gabriel Brown, Ralph Willis, Willie Trice and Henry Johnson.
   * Texas Fingerstyle Blues Guitar 28 songs presented in TAB and standard notation with lyrics provided and sound links to the original performances. Featured artists include: Blind Lemon Jefferson, Willie Reed, Blind Willie Johnson, Little Hat Jones, Funny Papa Smith, Smith Casey, Wallace Chains, Willie Lane, Lightnin' Hopkins, Lil' Son Jackson, Frankie Lee Sims and Mance Lipscomb

The following books are being offered for the first time:
   * Christmas Carols and Holiday Standards for Fingerstyle Guitar This book is hot off the presses! It has 23 arrangements of Christmas Carols and Holiday Standards including: What Child Is This?, Silent Night, Jingle Bells, Jolly Old St. Nicholas, Away In A Manger, Good King Wenceslas, Go Tell It On The Mountain, Up On The Housetop, Sleep, Sleep, Of the Father’s Love Begotten, We Wish You A Merry Christmas, O Little Town Of Bethlehem, In the Bleak Midwinter, Deck The Halls, Angels We Have Heard On High, The First Nowell, O Come, O Come, Emmanuel, Once In Royal David’s City, The Wassail Song, God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen. NOTE: Price of this book is $20.00, rather than $25.00.
   * Mississippi Fingerstyle Blues Guitar 28 songs presented in TAB and standard notation with lyrics provided and sound links to the original performances. Featured artists include: Jim Jackson, Joe Callicott, Sam Collins, William Harris, Bo Weavil Jackson, Rube Lacey, Ishmon Bracey, Mattie Delaney, Garfield Akers, The Down Home Boys, Mississippi John Hurt, Robert Wilkins, Charlie Patton, Son House, Tommy Johnson, Skip James, Bo Carter, Eugene Powell, Booker White, Big Joe Williams, Tommy McClennan, Robert Petway, Arthur Crudup, Frank Evans, Cat Iron, Rosa Lee Hill, Fred McDowell.
   * The Guitar of Blind Lemon Jefferson 22 songs presented in TAB and standard notation with lyrics provided and sound links to the original performances. Titles include: Match Box Blues, Wartime Blues, One Dime Blues, Shuckin' Sugar Blues, Got The Blues, He Arose From The Dead, See That My Grave Is Kept Clean, Rabbit Foot Blues
   * Hillbilly Fingerstyle Blues Guitar 28 songs presented in TAB and standard notation with lyrics provided and sound links to the original performances. Artist include: Sam McGee, Frank Hutchison, Maybelle Carter, Riley Puckett, Clarence Greene, Dick Justice, David McCarn, Lake Howard, Larry Hensley, Hobart Smith, Roscoe Holcomb, Fields Ward, E. C. Ball   

I'm also offering the CDs at my website, johnmillerguitar.com , at http://www.johnmillerguitar.com/orb.html , for $10.00 apiece during this sale. The first CD you purchase will cost $13.00 to cover the cost of postage and a padded mailing envelope, and postage and handling are free on all subsequent CDs purchased in a single order sent to the same address. Please note that the Johnson, Miller & Dermody CD, "Deceiving Blues", is in between production runs and is not currently available to be ordered.

Payment for orders should be made via a deposit to my account at paypal.com, as per the instructions at: https://johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html. Thanks, and I hope you're staying careful, safe and healthy and that you have a happy holiday season.

All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 01:10:31 PM by Johnm »

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Winter Holiday Sale, 2021! John Miller books and CDs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 10:40:26 AM »
Hi all,
I just wanted to bump this topic and say that the sale will continue in this season as long as my supply lasts.
All best,
Johnm

Tags: John Miller 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal