collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
You know, folks, I haven't been able to get this thing in tune all night. That's all right, though, it makes it sound like there's more of us - Del McCoury, still fiddling with the tuning of his guitar half-way through the second set of a concert

Author Topic: Port Townsend 2019  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Port Townsend 2019
« on: November 15, 2018, 10:10:08 AM »
Hi all,
I will be on the faculty at Port Townsend at the summer session in 2019 after a number of years not teaching there.  As a result of teaching at Port Townsend, I will not be at Euro Blues Week in 2019.  I hope to see some old friends at Port Townsend, as well as meeting new ones and meeting many of the teaching staff for the first time.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Suzy T

• Howdy!
Re: Port Townsend 2019
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 11:02:51 AM »
I will also be on the faculty -- I'll be teaching blues fiddle (Coleman Aiken will also teach blues fiddle) and I'm also going to be doing a band lab class with Jim Kweskin!  We co-taught at another camp last year and it was great fun.

Also excited to see that Cedric Watson will be teaching blues accordion.  He is a brilliant musician, a great Creole fiddler as well as a wonderful accordion player.

Tell your fiddling friends to sign up, this is going to be an extra-good year for fiddles at Blues Week!

Offline eric

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 09:15:06 AM »
I'm looking forward it.  If you haven't attended, it's a lot of fun with like minded folks, great musicians and teachers.  Hope to see some fellow Weenies there.
--
Eric

Offline eric

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 08:33:17 AM »
Anyone else going to Port Townsend this year?
--
Eric

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 12:40:51 PM »
Eric:

JohnM told me that you would be coming this year, looking forward to meeting you!

Lindy

Offline eric

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 02:21:27 PM »
Same!  You'll recognize me; look for an old guy with a guitar...

Eric:

JohnM told me that you would be coming this year, looking forward to meeting you!

Lindy
--
Eric

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 09:59:24 PM »
You'll need to narrow it down. How about "...wearing a red carnation" :)

Offline jed

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 02:41:59 PM »
I really enjoyed seeing familiar old folks - and a plethora of young folks - with guitars and associated stringed instruments at PT this year!  It was a great time on all fronts - even arising early for the timely soul-searching course made sense. 

As usual, I had to depart early, but still got to stay for ribs - worth it!

2019 was Jerron's last year as Artistic Director; this is a note about our 2020 AD:

https://centrum.org/2019/08/centrum-names-jontavious-willis-artistic-director-for-acoustic-blues/

Next year at PT promises to be pretty cool, and I hope to see several of y'all there then!
ok then:  http://jed.net

Tags: PT 2020 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal