collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
She specialized in low-down blues "because they didn't come up to Harlem to go to church" - Ethel Waters on singing ungodly raw songs for her audience, Nobody Know Where the Blues Come From

Author Topic: Fur Peace Workshop  (Read 1202 times)

Offline EyesNotChops

• Howdy!
Fur Peace Workshop
« on: December 31, 2017, 09:06:26 AM »
I'm interested in attending a Fur Peace Ranch workshop with Happy Traum this May.  I have several questions, though, for people who've attended:  (a) Why is the price more than twice that of other comparable workshops (Blues in the Gorge, Centrum, etc.).  Is it just that they can charge it?  Is there only a small number of attendees?  (b) How does the scheduling work.  Does one take only one track like level 1/2 or more than one?

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to learning from Happy, but I'm not sure what I'm getting into.

Offline rstraw

• Howdy!
Re: Fur Peace Workshop
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 09:48:03 AM »
I am very familiar with Fur Peace as a former resident of Athens, Ohio and as someone who has attended a couple of their concerts. The complaint about the pricing is perennial. While Jorma brings major acts and great camps to Fur Peace he is not regarded as a particularly good neighbor in the Athens-Meigs area. What he does is this: the charges for his camps are very expensive because they basically include the admission prices to his concert series that are on at the same time as the camps. Attendees to the camps get tickets to the concerts, which is great for the attendees but that leaves out the locals who might want to come because there are very, very tickets available for the general public. I know, this is a long reply to a simple question but I think the bottom line is, the camps are expensive because, yes he can get the price but he is also subsidizing his concert series by having a captive audience in the camp attendees.

Tags: lessons Blues Workshop 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal