collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The only definition of 'broadcast' in 1901 was 'to sow seeds.' This is still my favorite metaphor for public radio - Bill Siemerling, 2003

Author Topic: Introductions: When the Roll is called...  (Read 221479 times)

Offline StevenEmurO

• Howdy!
Re: Introductions, When the roll is called . . .
« Reply #810 on: December 20, 2018, 07:27:42 AM »
hi all
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:44:11 AM by Johnm »

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Introductions: When the Roll is called...
« Reply #811 on: December 20, 2018, 05:48:23 PM »
russian bot, banned. Tons of them incoming but we're onto it.

Offline CubWyse

• whaddup, yo!
    • The Skipping Stones
« Reply #812 on: January 20, 2019, 02:34:45 PM »
Hey all. My Name is Cub and I am from Connecticut USA. i Just found this website looking for Dixon Brothers lyrics. Cant believe I never found it sooner.  I spent all my downtime at work today reading the forums.  So glad a community like this exists for county blues lovers and so glad to be a part of it.  Here are a couple songs I've recorded with my pinecone camera. the first is Henry Thomas's "Old County Stomp" and the second is Alan Wilson's "Sloppy Drunk"

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #813 on: January 20, 2019, 02:42:44 PM »
Welcome Cub!  Thanks for posting. I enjoyed your tunes - good stuff!

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #814 on: January 21, 2019, 09:19:22 AM »
Yowza! Welcome to Weenie, Cub. I went to your YouTube collection and watched one vid: the Knoxville Rag duet with a fiddler. Nice!

Save your pennies and come out to the Left Coast for the Port Townsend workshop, you'll be surrounded by kindred spirits who love country blues and old-timey and ragtime ... the good stuff.

Online Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #815 on: January 23, 2019, 02:26:08 AM »
Cub - I like it!
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline CubWyse

• whaddup, yo!
    • The Skipping Stones
« Reply #816 on: January 23, 2019, 09:01:03 AM »
Thank you Slack, Lindy, and Parlor Picker! Port Townsend sounds great. Maybe one year I will get to make it out there.  Is there an East Coast equivalent?  I went to the Harry Smith Frolic for my first time last year in Massachusetts. Met a lot of blues pickers and now impatiently waiting to go back this year.

Offline Scott Johnson

• Howdy!
« Reply #817 on: May 29, 2019, 05:47:34 PM »
Hello all! I have been following the Weenie Campbell forum for several years after reading John Millers comments about it. I had played guitar since I was a kid, but stumbled across RGD and Blind Blake more recently and have been happily lost in pre WWII Blues ever since. I have read and studied a fair amount but nowhere have I discovered more than on this site. I have not noticed many weenies (none?) in the Dakotas, but maybe there are a few that haven?t posted yet. I am looking to get the word out about a weekend guitar event in SW Minnesota this fall, but do not want to violate any rules regarding advertisement. Can someone advise me whether or not it is acceptable to encourage members to check out an guitar event website on this site and if so, where? I am a novice at such things. In any event, thank you for all you do here to inform, entertain and inspire.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #818 on: May 29, 2019, 06:09:04 PM »
Hi Scott,
Welcome to Weenie Campbell!  It's perfectly fine to post about the workshop in Minnesota, and the board called Saturday Night Fish Fry is the place to do it.  Feel free to give all of the pertinent information.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Scott Johnson

• Howdy!
« Reply #819 on: May 30, 2019, 09:46:40 AM »
Thank you John! Saturday Night Fish Fry it is. Appreciate the help.

Offline Patrick A

• Howdy!
« Reply #820 on: June 17, 2019, 03:50:44 PM »
Hello Everyone...Patrick Anthony in Las Vegas...I got here through a Leroy Carr song called Arlena...Got lyrics and chords...Thank You...I play keys and a number of his songs his songs at clubs and Blues jams in town...Great looking site.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #821 on: June 17, 2019, 03:59:53 PM »
Welcome Patrick!  Thanks for the compliment and glad you found us.

Offline Sandra

• Howdy!
« Reply #822 on: July 21, 2019, 06:50:07 AM »
Hello Everyone
I found this site researching resonator guitars. I've spent a good chunk of the morning reading the site then I decided I might as well join. I love folk, roots music and blues. Thanks for having me.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #823 on: July 21, 2019, 09:25:29 AM »
Welcome Sarah!   Glad you found and joined us!

Offline Spotnik

« Reply #824 on: January 07, 2020, 04:35:38 PM »
Hello, All!

I’m from Central Illinois, and I stumbled on this site a while back while doing a search on information concerning the lost Willie Brown sides, or any other great discoveries.  They still do turn up, apparently! I’ve been an acoustic blues enthusiast, both as a guitar player and as a “armchair musicologist,” since high school, and that would be about 40 years. I think that was before anyone knew what Robert Johnson looked like!  It’s amazing how much has been uncovered and learned in that time.  I look forward to combing through the WC archives and catching all the latest.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal