collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I mean, when you think about it, old blues men are always old, right? - Jerry Ricks

Author Topic: Euroweenie 2013  (Read 6981 times)

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Re: Euroweenie 2013
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 10:31:22 AM »
Wonder if any hotels near Cheltenham would list themselves as "slightly seedy". I'll start working the inter web.

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 11:35:55 AM »
Oxford / Swindon / Cotswolds might make sense if we're heading in that general direction.  Lots of Best Westerns scattered around which seem to be (often) the kind of places that suit.

Offline Laura

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 09:40:22 AM »
My vote would be for somewhere along the M4 too.  I really want to make it next year but for a non-driver the New Forest is pretty inaccessible.  That being said, I will have a lot more time to save/plan this time so intend to come along wherever it ends up being.

Hmm while I'm here....I'm looking for someone who would be interested in helping me with a duet - It's Joe Callicott's "Frankie and Albert" and I need a 2nd guitarist!

Been playing around with an 8-track recorder which is fun but it's just not the real thing and I have no idea how to get it onto my computer -_-  I have the 2nd guitar tabbed out (It's flat-picked) so I could email that part, maybe Skype, meet up once a month? It could be fun - please send me a pm if interested :D

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 03:06:53 AM »
Laura - each year non-drivers and those preferring to use public transport do come to the Euroweenie event. For instance, this year Colm Kill Paul flew in from Northern Ireland and in previous years Prof. Scratchy has flown from Edinburgh to Southampton. A taxi from a nearby station is then one option, but as this can be a bit pricey there is usually a Weenie willing to pick people up from a railway station. I think we have some Weenies in Southampton and in previous years, pick-ups have been made from nearby Brockenhurst station.

However, I am somewhat pre-emptive as a final decision has yet to be made on the venue. Last time I spoke to Blueshome, there seemed to be a slight swing in favour of staying at our usual hotel (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). Watch this spot for future developments.

Wherever we meet it would be nice to see and hear a younger player, especially one of the female persuasion (a bit of a rarity in country blues). Hope you don't get too bored by a bunch of grizzly old geezers - actually I doubt it, as one of my main motives for going is the social aspect of meeting up with a nice bunch of people who have, over the years, become friends.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Norfolk Slim

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 03:56:41 AM »
Hey PP- some of us aren't even 40 yet, and don't have beards! (Admittedly not many)

I was meaning to ask how things were progressing- have been stupidly busy and unable to contirbute much recently.

It did occur to me that a further option was some sort of holiday let type place (rather than a hotel) - a group of self catering apartments or large rented cottage etc- which would give flexibility as to meals etc though perhaps more hassle and possibly not any cheaper.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 04:37:43 AM »
Hey PP- some of us aren't even 40 yet, and don't have beards! (Admittedly not many)

Ha ha - I like it! Yes, Norfolk Slim and Harvey are the welcome younger element. Although Blueshome and Scratchy are also in their thirties - it's just that they've had a hard life...  ;)
Barbecue Bob

Offline Norfolk Slim

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 05:08:37 AM »
Actually I think Harvey must be 40  >:D

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 05:20:02 AM »
NEWS FLASH!!!!!!

Euroweenie 2013 - Same venue (subject to R getting sensible price) Provisionally set for 12-14th April.

pm me with programme suggestions or if you wish to offer a segment.

THE BRICK AWAITS!!!!!

Offline harvey

• Howdy!
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 06:36:32 AM »
Does actually tell you at the bottom of the main forum page !!  I am 26 today  :D

Goodluck Richard negotiating with Basil Fawlty - tell him we dont want any issues this year when I get my nuts out.

Offline Mike Shipman

• Howdy!
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 03:20:40 PM »
Hoping to get along to the 2013 Euroweenie bash if that's OK...?
Mike Shipman
New Forest - Hampshire, UK.

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 03:34:37 PM »
A feel for numbers will help Richard in his cost negotiations. Who's in?

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 01:30:12 AM »
Count me in. Am starting to save up for it now.
Barbecue Bob

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 01:41:07 AM »
Me too also as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Norfolk Slim

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 04:23:52 AM »
Yup.

Offline harvey

• Howdy!
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 06:29:43 AM »
I hope so... I will say yes

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal