collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Listen, woman - if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name - Seven-Foot Dilly and His Dill Pickles, Sand Mountain Drag

Author Topic: European Weenie gathering?...  (Read 8319 times)

Yves

Re: European Weenie gathering?...
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 01:48:53 AM »
It will be great to have Roger of course and many more
Don't worry to much about accomodation... it will work (simple hotel ...)
Let's fix up a date (I'm completely available on we 7 - 8 & 23 - 24)

Impatient to go back to the iles

Yves

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 03:23:49 AM »
23-24 September for me.  I'm busy with our local festival for the first two weeks in September. (That's if I can make it to Guernsey of course :-\).
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 10:35:44 AM »
23-24 september for me too..

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 02:26:35 PM »
If is to be this year I had better try and sound out a hotel or two and see what vacancy situation looks like.

I do have slight problem in that I am virtually away for the next couple of weeks but I'll try and see if I can get any sense out of a couple of hotels I know that would suit and have a room\bar for jams or whatever.

If things look fraught then maybe we should put our thinking caps on and get really organised to do it April-ish next year which give more time to get a few more folks as well.

I'll try and do all I can this weekend working on say 10 rooms and will report back before I set sail for Corsica (any Weenies in Corsica?) on Monday.
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2006, 02:06:19 AM »
Richard - I think it is a very good idea to leave it until spring next year.  That gives us all a chance to get our heads around the idea and - more importantly - gives you more time as the brave organiser (you seem to have volunteered!).

I saw Roger Hubbard yesterday and he seems keen on the idea of a trip to Guernsey.

We'll all have to get Weenie Campbell stickers for our guitar cases and smart little Weenie badges (buttons to you colonials over the water) to wear on arrival.  Maybe this kind of merchandising would help the site - that's one for Slack, Waxwing, Uncle Bud, et al.

Michael
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 08:01:21 AM »
We'll all have to get Weenie Campbell stickers for our guitar cases and smart little Weenie badges (buttons to you colonials over the water) to wear on arrival.

Michael, I'll ship a box of Weenie Case Stickers to Guernsey whenever it is held -- and if you do happen to hold it next April or September it might greatly increase the odds of hand delivery of said stickers by this colonial.  ;) 

Cheers,

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 09:35:21 AM »
Holy sugar Slack... you mean we might actally meet   :-X 

Right folks I have visited one nice hotel which I have used before for a blues thing.. it's right on the beach so have a look -

http://www.cobobayhotel.com/ 

Now, it does get booked well in advance for weddings etc so even now there is a very limited choice of dates which would include the use of a free function room bar so all the keen types could get up and do bit...  possibly even play guitar!!

Now, I must confess I am being rather drawn to the idea of doing this next April... particularly as there only two available weekend dates at THIS very moment for a booking of say 10 rooms and the free use of the function\bar

20-21 October 2006

and

13-14 April 2007
The cost of the rooms is naturally complex as this is Guernsey but are based on a per person per night rate for Bed & Breakfast. that old English cholesterol free  :P fry up I guess!!

Sea view double room 2 people @ ?49 pp pn
Non-sea view  ditto @ ?39pp pn

Single sea view @ ?59 pp pn
No-sea view @ ?49 pp pn

Can I suggest if you are thinking this looks like it's going to happen you post a reply like now and I'll whizz up and stick a hold on the rooms for that weekend before I set sail for foreign climes on Monday afternoon...  8)

Slack if this looks like being a go-er should we move this topic to the main board to get all the publicity we can... we will need it  ;)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 10:16:55 AM »
Holy sugar Slack... you mean we might actally meet

The spousal unit has always been interested in this trip -- so that increases the odds considerably.  ;) We do have a tentative big trip planned next year - so we'll see what happens.

Beautiful beach and hotel!

Slack if this looks like being a go-er should we move this topic to the main board to get all the publicity we can... we will need it 

I'd leave the topic put (no one misses anything on WC!  ;) ) and if it is a go-er, we'll hype the event as a "News" item - at the top of the forum... and maybe even a front page item.

Cheers,

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 11:01:07 AM »
Pencil my & Mrs blueshome in for a seaview double.

Phil

PS have good hol. Off to Cornwall for 3 weeks myself.

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 06:59:54 AM »
I am orff as they say on holiday now.. but if over the next week you keen UK types could have look and see whether the weekend 13-14 April 2007 looks at all hopeful - and, if it does could you pleae rgister you interest here so I could put a hold on the rooms when I get back in week or so.

I appreciate any US contingent can't commit so easily, but for us over here the question is a lot easier.

It's just knowing how weddings are othe stuff take over hotel bookings I think we have think positive if we want to go for this....   :)

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 01:32:32 PM »
Richard:

I would at least consider coming over for this, as a visit to the old homeland (Scotland actually, last name Knox) has always been a goal of mine.

Assuming English beer is still drinkable.

Alex

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 02:37:25 PM »
:o  Pyrochlore, remember Guernsey is not England (or Scotland), it's a strange little island off the coast of France populated by the likes of Richard!  Don't expect anything to be the same there, even the beer. From previous conversations with our host designate I am  aware that we will get a good pint. Also bear in mind Yves offer to bring some Loire wine over.
(As a further incentive for Weenies to join us over there, all attendees will have temporary membership of the Boogie Boys - the worst blues band on the planet.)

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 02:42:39 PM »
Certainly pencil me in for a boudoir (single) with or without vue de mer...

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 01:09:24 AM »
Same for me- single.  With or without the sea!

Offline Marshcat

• Aloha!
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 12:01:42 PM »
This is beginning to look extremely tempting... Another two possibles here, maybe more.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal