Country Blues > Weenie Campbell Main Forum

Oddities on album covers

(1/1)

Stefan Wirz:
a discussion in the post-war list (about whether a certain Big Joe Williams photo is reversed or not) caused me to add a new page to my site dedicated to all kinds of oddities on LP/CD covers: click here to go to that page

Example from back cover of Kicking Mule KM 136:

I'm certain there's a lot to add to that page, so don't hesitate to tell me your finds,
Stefan

Johnm:
Hi Stefan,
On the back of the Yazoo album of Blind Boy Fuller, "Truckin' My Blues Away", 1060, there are two photos of Fuller printed playing guitar which make him appear to be a lefty, which was not the case, I think.
All best,
Johnm
P.S. If he was a lefty, then the old Blues Classic LP of Fuller with Sonny Terry and Bull City Red shows him to be right-handed, and it is the same photo as one of those on the Yazoo release.  They can't both be right, unless he was ambidextrous!

Stefan Wirz:
Hi John,
thanks for the hint - I meanwhile had a look at my own copy of Yazoo 1060 and it turned out that I must have a newer version (with a label as shown at the bottom) since the sleeve obviously was adjusted compared to yours: The photos are actually showing Fuller as 'right hand guitarist' !
Is there any way to get a scan of the 'false' cover from someone ? (I could do the mirroring myself with my image-processing software, but that would be cheating, wouldn't it? ;-)
Stefan

Buzz:
Interesting collection of  oddities, indeed. I get a kick out of seeing this stuff.

I never knew Albert King was a lefty. There's hope for me yet, John M!!! ;)
Miller

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version