collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
If you're not doin' it like this, you're doin' it wrong - Steve James, Port Townsend 97

Author Topic: Beware! There Be Banjos In Here...  (Read 1389 times)

Offline DanceGypsy

• Side Street Steppers
Beware! There Be Banjos In Here...
« on: January 18, 2011, 02:26:42 PM »
In one of my other lives I am an up & coming banjo builder, and I have begun something of a build blog on the Banjo Hangout.  I started a new thread and will just let it run on and on for a while.  It starts with a shop tour (something I can frankly never get enough of) and continues showing the process as I work on the four builds I currently have going (two banjos and two banjo ukes).  I use a tripod mounted Kodak Easy Share camera with it's 10 second timer, so you get to see me actually working on stuff.  The photos are large and crisp and I am really pleased with how this has turned out.  I started it about a week ago and there seems to be lots of interest, so I thought I'd share it with those of you who have a mind to watch folks handmake instruments...

http://www.banjohangout.org/topic/196218/1

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Beware! There Be Banjos In Here...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 02:53:26 PM »
Very cool -- it's always nice to combine passions and it looks like a ton of fun!

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 02:50:53 PM »
How tidy, my workshop really is a total shed at the minute!
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 10:11:12 AM »
Finally got a chance to go through that thread at the Banjo Hangout. What a pleasure. Thanks for that, Christian. The banjos look great.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal