collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I never did consider myself no fancy guitar player - Tampa Red, quoted in the liner notes to Don't Jive Me

Author Topic: Texas Easy Street  (Read 1285 times)

Offline johnnyhoodoo

• johnny hoodoo myspace
Texas Easy Street
« on: March 26, 2007, 04:25:35 AM »
Ok Ive just figured out how to upload mp3 files,so here goes.This is my version of Texas Easy Street played on a four string banjo.I welcome any feedback you kind folks want to give me.Cheers.
p.s. Have I posted this in the proper place?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 04:28:54 AM by hoodooman »

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Texas Easy Street
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 07:14:23 AM »
p.s. Have I posted this in the proper place?

Nope, but no problem.  ;)  Your tune deserves it's own topic and heading.  Very nice Hoodoo man, very funky 4 string banjo - I love what you banjo guys are doing.  Love your vocal too.

Johnny, you have about twice the space available for your MP3, you might try converting it to 32kps 44 mhz instead of 24 kps 16 mhz - and it should sound much less compressed.  Your tune deserves better sound!

Thanks for posting and welcome to WeenieCampbell!

Offline daddystovepipe

• daddystovepipe youtube
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 09:43:40 AM »
Hi HDMan,
I really enjoyed that.
Please enlighten me as I'm a totally banjo-illiterate.  What's the difference between a 5-string and a 4-string banjo (apart from the number of strings of course  ;)
Do you play with fingerpicks ?  What tuning ? What brand of b?anjo do you play ?
Carl

Offline johnnyhoodoo

• johnny hoodoo myspace
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 06:23:59 PM »
Hi Carl.Im banjo illiterate too.A buddy gave this banjo to me.It a cheap Chinese one but sounds ok.I dont use picks,just skin.I think the difference between a 5 and 4 stringer is the extra sting is a "drone" string..sorta like on a sitar.I think the 5 stringers are more suited for bluegrass sorta stuff but Im no expert.Im just a guitarist who was given a banjo.Its tuned to an open G (or there abouts).I must admit I've fallen in love with the sound and its great for open G blues.Thanks a lot man for your reply.I will upload some more banjo and guitar stuff soon.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal