collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sent for you yesterday baby, here you come pokin' up here today. Babe I didn't think you'd treat your daddy this-a-way - Charley Jordan, Two Street Blues

Author Topic: PARAMOUNT BOX SET up for TWO GRAMMY'S  (Read 820 times)

Offline ParamountAngie

PARAMOUNT BOX SET up for TWO GRAMMY'S
« on: December 10, 2014, 05:32:27 PM »
HELP PARAMOUNTSHOME.ORG BEFORE THE GRAMMYS....

In 2004, Netherlands author Alex van der Tuuk and I decided that there needed to be a website containing as much information as possible on Paramount Records as possible.

So we volunteered thousands of hours of our time to make this vital information available online for the entire world. In 2006 we won the Wisconsin Historical Society Website Award for our archives.

As you may know, there is increasing international interest in the recordings made in Grafton, WI. The Paramount Box Set produced by Jack White 's label is up for 2 grammy awards.....which means more and more people around the world (including reporters) are hungry for more about Paramount.

If you go to the website, you can see that it is EXTREMELY outdated. We would love to have it overhauled. We found the right person to do this at a substantially reduced cost. But neither of us have the discrectionary income to do this. After all, it was a labor of love from the beginning.

If you agree that http://paramountshome.org could use some tidying up, we are asking that small donations be sent via PayPal to angelam@northshoreacademyofthearts.org

We can definitely credit those who are willing to help patron the site! If you aren't able to give, if you could help us share this with the worldwide blues community, we would appreciate it! Thank you! --- Angie and Alex

Offline hardtimekillingfloor

• Howdy!
Re: PARAMOUNT BOX SET up for TWO GRAMMY'S
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 06:40:36 AM »
Can you give us an idea of how much you need to raise and some regular updates until total is reached?  You might want to ask around to see if someone will donate an item that can be raffled or auctioned off.  Hopefully enough of us will chip in to keep you from having to up the ante but it is no big secret how tight fisted some of us can be unless there is something in it for me, so to speak.  An autographed copy of your Blind Blake article or the Paramount book by VandeerTuuk, a free Grafton tour, a 78 record are just a few ideas I can think of that might help some people part with their hard earned cash.  You can count me in though.

Offline wreid75

Re: PARAMOUNT BOX SET up for TWO GRAMMY'S
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 06:46:10 AM »
What are the chances that a copy of the Box Set can be used to entice more people to fund the site update?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal