collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I think I saw some old man and he was real good on the guitar, on the chords, and he didn't sing that good, just play something like that, and I copied some of that and put the words to it. And Blind Blake used to have something kinda in that style. He would play in that style and I thought he was a real good guitar player. Nice chords. Played finger style. - Jesse Babyface Thomas explains how he wrote Blue Goose Blues, interview in Shreveport, La., ca. 1989

Author Topic: Tapatalk problems  (Read 5007 times)

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Tapatalk problems
« on: August 12, 2016, 05:20:14 AM »
Tapatalk have done an upgrade to something worse! Now I can't fetch WC content to my iPad, and it asks me to log in every time I try. The app still works on my android phone, but for some reason, having logged in on iPad, the WC screen won't populate with text. Have reported this to Tapatalk, but they don't seem to want to respond! Any other Tapatalk users with iPads having problems?

Offline harriet

Re: Tapatalk problems
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 02:53:40 PM »
I don't use tapatalk, I just go to  weeniecampbell.com through safari, skip the tapatalk message and I get the same site as is on my computer using my ipad 5, with system 9 and it worked on system 8 as well. I haven't tried posting or logging in though . I don't know if that is an option for you, it may not be if you have an older system.  It can be completely frustrating when an internet upgrade has glitches.  I had that with a skype and had to stop using it on my ipad :(.  Good luck

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 04:16:25 PM »
Yes, harriet, that's what I'm doing right now and it works fine. I'm giving up on Tapatalk until they sort this problem. Pitt, because it used to work just fine.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 09:07:43 PM »
Professor, I'll upgrade this end and see if it resolves the problem - I'm currently out of town, so it will half to wait until next week. Thanks!

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 03:18:25 AM »
Thanks Slack!

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 07:01:00 AM »
Professor, or anyone.... please give your Tapatalk app a try now.  I've upgraded the forum.  Thanks.

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 10:12:14 AM »
I can get lists of topics but when I click on one I get an internal server error. When I close that I see "There is a problem with the forum. Please contact the forum admin or try again later."

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 10:21:33 AM »
Thanks Chris, can you try it again?

Edit: So I just tried it and it appears to be working now, so let me know if that is not the case.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 10:31:14 AM by Slack »

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 11:02:27 AM »
Looks like it's working well now. I just posted this using Tapatalk.
Chris

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 11:13:38 AM »
Great... thanks Chris!

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 03:35:57 PM »
Brilliant! Works a treat now. Well done Slack!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 06:01:45 PM »
What does Tapatalk do for the site? The site basically looks and works exactly like on my laptop without it. Same sepia and mustard look, touch a link, loads in about a second with wifi, about two with G4 all functions work the same, including Siri typing what I say. I just skip the Tapatalk ad when I open the site.

Wax
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Tapatalk problems
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 06:25:51 PM »
It's a handy way of dealing with forums on a phone or tablet, that's all. Especially makes it easier to read on a phone. Type is bigger and navigation is easier.

Also it keeps track of multiple forums.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 07:28:07 AM »
I switched phones from Android to iPhone 6+ last year, needed the bigger display and better integration with macbook. When I smashed the glass on the Galaxy dropping it one time too many it was time for a change. I did not feel like paying for and configuring Tapatalk all over again. The full site works fine for me on the 6+ without it but I would certainly go Tapatalk if I had a smaller display, there's just too much going on with the full site, visual and data.

The nag screen is slightly annoying, once or twice would be OK, every time is spam. There should be an option to say "No! Dammit...".  :P

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2020, 11:52:46 AM »
I have a new problem on Tapatalk at the moment = when I go on Weenie it asks me to log in to access content. When I try to log in, it gives me an error message and won't let me! I can see recent discussions/topics but can't reply to posts. Grrrrr!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal