collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
He was a sinful boy, good-hearted but had no soul. His heart was hard and cold like ice - Willie McTell, Dying Crapshooter's Blues

Author Topic: USA bluesman James Clem in Portland, Dorset, UK Oct. 10 & 13  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Big River

• jamesclem.com
USA bluesman James Clem in Portland, Dorset, UK Oct. 10 & 13
« on: October 08, 2013, 08:23:23 AM »
Hi friends, I will be playing a couple of just put together shows in SW England this Thursday, October 10 at the Royal Portland Arms in Portland, Dorset from 8 to 11 pm. Also, Sunday October 13 at the Drill Hall (once again in Portland) from 7 - 10 pm. This show is put together by the Portland Stone and Quarry Trust. These impromptu shows will be played on loaner guitars that friends are providing me. Tell a friend as this are last minute, just put together gigs. Hope to meet some fellow Weenie Campell members while here. This week I sat in with my friends Stuart and Richard of The Delta Echoes in St Albans and tonight (Tuesday, October 8) I am playing Tricity Vogue's Ukulele Cabaret in London, show is 8 - 11 pm.

Offline Big River

• jamesclem.com
Re: USA bluesman James Clem in Portland, Dorset, UK Oct. 10 & 13
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 03:24:40 AM »
Here are some more details about the concert this Sunday, October 13 in Portland, Dorset. First, it is free and at the Drill Hall on Easton Road and starts at 7 pm until 10 pm. They have no permit for booze for the evening so you encouraged to bring your own! Snacks will be provided . No opening act, so come early to hear a mixture of country blues, ragtime, delta slide and even some vintage country and swing ukulele. Should be a fun night. Tell a friend.
We had a packed SRO crowd to my surprise at my gig at the Royal Portland Arms last Thursday. Really a great night. I can't wait to go back. I played in Portland a three years ago and the word got I was back and it was it very gratifying to see so many people who came last time and they brought their friends with them!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal