collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
"I had no idea jug band music was so important" - overheard in the lobby at a Chasin' Gus's Ghost screening

Author Topic: Steve James - Blues Mandolin Workshop - NYC 3/15  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Flatd7

• Pre War Blues, Country, Bluegrass & Gospel Music
Steve James - Blues Mandolin Workshop - NYC 3/15
« on: February 01, 2006, 02:34:50 PM »
Hey Mandolin Friends!

Our good friend Steve James will be visiting New York in March. Steve is based out of Austin, Texas and does not make it to his old hometown too often. As you know, Steve is a talented finger style and slide guitarist. He is also a wonderful Blues Mandolinist who's spent time with Howard Armstrong, Sam McGee, Furry Lewis and Gus Cannon! How's that for a pedigree?

I will be hosting a two hour Mandolin Workshop at my work loft on 21st Street and Fifth Avenue on March 15th @ 6:30 PM. Steve is an excellent teacher and comes prepared. The cost will be $50 and is a first come, first served registration. We will cap the class at approximately a dozen students.

If you are interested, please email me and I will give you info on where to send your check. If we're lucky, we'll be treated to a song or two by Steve and his duo partner, Del Rey. They will be appearing at The Good Coffee House, Rosendale Cafe and Turning Point the weekend of March 10-12.

All The Best

Jon Vesey

jon@secondfiddles.com

http://www.stevejames.com/
http://www.delreystevejames.com/

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Steve James - Blues Mandolin Workshop - NYC 3/15
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 03:33:29 PM »
Hi Jon,

Great to see you doing this. Any mando players in range should leap at the chance to attend. Steve is a fantastic guitar player as we all know, but he is a smokin' mandolin lunatic IMO. He's also a great teacher. It's probably worth $50 just for the banter. I'd be seriously considering it myself, and travelling to NYC from Montreal, if my mando chops weren't so pathetic at the moment.

UB

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 04:17:07 PM »
Steve also spent time with Yank Rachel!

Sounds like a great workshop Jon!

Offline Flatd7

• Pre War Blues, Country, Bluegrass & Gospel Music
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 08:48:29 AM »
This sucker is more than half filled up, when I woke up this morning! It's gonna be a hot one! Sign up while spots last.

Tags: mandolin 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal