collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Frankie is one of the best vocal & guitar pieces ever, probably the best guitar recording ever. Rumor (i.e. Spottswood) has it that when this piece was played for Segovia, he couldn't believe there were not two guitars at work - John Fahey, on John Hurt

Author Topic: Johnny Shines Talks About His Life, Robert Johnson, and the Blues (HD Audio)  (Read 403 times)

Offline jasobr

• Howdy!
I've just posted the 80-minute audio of my interview with Johnny Shines, who speaks about his life in the blues and travels with Robert Johnson. Our conversation took place in a rural farmhouse outside of Watsonville, California, in 1989. About ten minutes into the interview I handed Johnny the "dime store" photograph of Robert Johnson smoking a cigarette, which had just been made public. It was the first time Johnny had seen it, and after staring intently at it awhile, he confirmed that this was, in fact, a photo of the man he knew. A transcription of our wide-ranging conversation was published in the March/April ’90 issue of Living Blues. Johnny passed away two years later on April 20, 1992.

Here’s the audio of our interview:

https://jasobrecht.substack.com/p/johnny-shines-talks-about-his-life

Hope you enjoy it!

#johnnyshines #robertjohnson #chicagoblues #deltablues #countryblues #jasobrecht #talkingguitar

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal