collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Some folks say the Big Bill Blues ain't bad. Musn't have been the Big Bill Blues I had - Big Bill Broonzy, Big Bill Blues

Author Topic: Bones repertoire  (Read 9798 times)

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Bones repertoire
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 06:40:37 AM »
Surely to carry on the tradition, they need to add more of themselves, make it a bit more 21st century, move things forward whilst maintaining the spirit of the earlier age?

The conscious rejection of modern elements is just as much a "21st Century" idea as any other decision they could make regarding the content of their music.

I agree, rejecting modern elements is practically cutting edge in an age where it's all about progress and growth. And these guys still take the song exactly where they want to go with it. I think there's a lot of themselves in it - it's all them.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 06:59:37 AM »
Some of us have been fortunate to hang out with Paxton for a week - he's got plenty of himself in his music, in fact I don't know how you can be so accomplished and versatile without having an enormous part of yourself in the music.  I also like the rejection of modern elements and agree, it's all them.

Offline scmi11er

• Play me that old-time funky music...
    • Scott Miller: Rhythm Bones
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2010, 12:24:27 AM »
In the years since Emma Lee began this thread, lots of videos are now online that demonstrate bones playing. It's been 5 years since I last posted here. So I felt compelled to put up this recent video of Dom Flemons and myself doing a bones duet at the Sheldon Concert Hall in Saint Louis. Watch long enough and you'll see us do a little clog dancing too.

Scott Miller
Saint Louis

Bone Dry Musical Instrument Co.
http://bonedrymusic.com

http://www.youtube.com/v/7umssbfrSPY

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2013, 01:55:54 PM »
David Holt Interview: Percy Danforth playing the bones:

Cheers

Pan