collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I done seen better days, but I'm putting up with these - Richard Rabbit Brown, James Alley Blues

Author Topic: European Weenie gathering 13-14 April 07 is go! And the web site up and running  (Read 23299 times)

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
Just thought I'd give this a bit of a shove and say I have finally got the web site up for the great event 13-14 April 07.

There is a load of info there now so please visit the site and let me know if you have any queries or whatever.

http://www.weekendblues.org

I understand that the hotel has actually received a booking  :)  and it might be best to email them at this point in time.

I fully realise that it's a long way ahead but if we could get just a few confirmations I would be happy as the hotel would then know that we mean business!
r
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 08:12:51 AM by uncle bud »
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline bob long

• Bob Long
Richard

This sounds good and I would have loved to join you all but I'm booked for The Clarksdale Juke Joint Festival which unfortunately clashes.

See you in Swindon?

Bob Long

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
Richard:

I have decided to attend your august gathering, with my sweetie. Will book hotel presently.

Alex

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Richard:

I have decided to attend your august gathering, with my sweetie. Will book hotel presently.

Alex

There goes the Commonwealth...

Offline Slack

• Administrator

They'll be fine, Alex is showing up in August.  :P

Offline GhostRider

They'll be fine, Alex is showing up in August.  :P

And they say rockabilly doesn't cause brain damage...

Alex

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Just make sure you book for April.  ;D

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Seriously Alex, I think it is great that we'll have at least one Weenie representative from North America.

Very cool!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 09:37:24 AM by Slack »

Offline GhostRider

Seriously Alex, I think it is great that we'll have at least one Weenie representative from the U.S.

Very cool!

Dear Rockabilly Guitar God:

I am not yet a subject of GWB. Didn't you notice my Canadian accent.

Brain damage......

Alex

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Thank you for the proper address.  :D

Ah well, close enough!   I'll change it to North America.  ;D

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
In response to the great news that one (for the moment?) transatlanic weenie making the perilous crossing to Guernsey I have undated the website and added trillions of photo's of the place so you can sea (pun, there) what you are in for... assuming the weather is going to be half-way reasonable  :-X 

A serious point,if you are contemplating the trip from foreign climes you will need the extra short flights to get here as well, now helpfully  >:( they don't fly from Heathrow anymore so if you need some help or advice with that please let me know.

Oh, and be warned however, that the photo page of the web site taketh all the memory you can throw at it, it's the quality of the photo's I expect ;)

So, whilst I am here banging on about this... if you have not booked, then go to it or at least read all the exciting stuff on the site  :P   

Go for it............     www.weekendblues.org

ps.. Sorry if I have missed replying to any posts on this topic, but the as per usual the computer has been ill... maybe a switch to Linux..again!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 09:47:40 AM by Richard »

Yves

13-14 April 07.
... not a we but Fri & Sat ?
is it correct ?

Yves

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Good point, Yves....is anything planned for the Sunday??

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
Sorry men, I have been away and just got back.

My orginal intention was to give you the Friday and Saturday nights and then since the Sunday follows I assume that to be the day when most people will be heading home, we can maybe do something on the Sunday (or just the morning ?) I am open to any suggestions and of course there is nothing to stop you staying on if it's Okeh with the hotel - so don't just look on it as the Friday and Saturday.

I have not got as far as thinking of a timetable (sounds posh!) yet, so please lets have any idea's or requests - cliff walks, sandcastles, drinking, playing guitar,fishing, sleeping, taking the sea air etc etc etc let me know!

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Hey Richard. This is looking more and more like a go here. Was wondering about possibilities of getting to Guernsey from France (by ferry?), as we may be flying in and out of Paris. I'm very concerned about flying with guitar and feel English airports are to be avoided. I was forced to gate check my little Stella on a recent flight and was pretty worried so I really need to find out the best plan. I have a CaseXtreme Clam but am now finding out that even that may warrant a large additional fee. Gad do I hate this current climate of paranoia and the related profit gouging industry it has spun off.

Anyway, I should try to get things firmed up over the holidays.

Any further movement from the Montreal contingent, UB? Your not going to make me face the conservative Calgary onslaught alone, are you? Perhaps he'll be a little easier to take with lady friend in tow.-G- Or perhaps we can ban all political discussions for the duration.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal