Country Blues > Down the Dirt Road

1969 Memphis Country Blues Festival Doc & 1968 Album

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stuart:
Thank you, Harriet and Pan. There are many great performances in there--as expected. I enjoyed Yank's electric mandolin solo with Sleepy John Estes doing the vocals, as well as seeing Jo Ann Kelly and a young Mike Stewart playing together. I'd like to know what was captured on the other 16 hours of film.

harvey:
What a great film, I never knew about this until now; 1969 the year I was born.

Fury Lewis just makes me smile, Booker White playing behind his head, Sleepy John on top form,  Nathan Beauregard believed to be 106 in 1969, Really ?!  Born in 1863... nearly in his 40's at the turn of the century ! Wow

Thoroughly enjoyed it

Richard:
Thank you, excellent  :)

dj:

--- Quote ---Nathan Beauregard believed to be 106 in 1969, Really ?!  Born in 1863... nearly in his 40's at the turn of the century ! Wow
--- End quote ---

No, not really.  While we'll never know for sure, it's now generally accepted that Nathan Beauregard was born no earlier than 1887 and possibly as late as 1896.  Still, performing as he did after around 80 years of a hard life is pretty darned impressive.

harriet:

--- Quote from: Stuart on August 08, 2021, 02:32:33 PM ---I'd like to know what was captured on the other 16 hours of film.

--- End quote ---

Me too! I'm hoping we'll get more of the footage in the September release of the DVD.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version