collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
If the blues was whiskey I'd stay drunk all the time - Leadbelly, DeKalb Blues

Author Topic: European Blues Week 2003  (Read 3155 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
European Blues Week 2003
« on: August 27, 2003, 09:37:30 AM »
Hi all,
I returned from Europe yesterday.  I had been out for some time, since August 8th, first at the European Blues Association's Country Blues Week in Exeter, England, and then in Italy (mostly Tuscany) for a week.
The Blues Camp was really fun.  I worked my class much the way I have at Port Townsend in recent years, and in fact worked from the same tunes.  Robert Belfour tunes made a big hit in England as at PT.  High point I think was getting an entire class playing Baby Tate's/Blind Boy Fuller's "So Sweet" in one class period.  Classes are shorter at Exeter than at PT, so it can be hard to cover all the things you would like to go over (which is always the case, I suppose).  I am always amazed at how much easier it is to do an event the second and subsequent years compared to the first year, and I would guess this is true for teachers and participants alike.  I really appreciate the effort made by persons accustomed to working from TAB to try and learn without it--I think it can be a pretty scary step, but if you can get tuned into learning by ear, I think it is so much better a way of learning and understanding the music.
I should add that it is great to get back and find the Weenie site with so many new members and such an exciting level of activity.  I stayed up last night and read all the new posts despite being jet-lagged to hell and gone.  It was like a book you can't put down.  
I hope you have all had a good remainder to your summers.
All best,
John

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re:European Blues Week 2003
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 10:00:53 AM »
Welcome back John!  

Your European tour sounds great.  Geez, two and a half weeks in England and Italy doing blues workshops - I'm jealous!

cheers,
slack

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal