collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I ask that pawn shop man, "What's them three balls doin' hangin' on that wall?" (He) said, "It's two to one daddy, you don't get your things back out of here at all" - Blind Boy Fuller, Three Ball Blues

Author Topic: Pre-soak and Weenie House 2005  (Read 8104 times)

Offline Sudsbury

• Actually, I'm a Kiwi.
Re: Pre-soak and Weenie House 2005
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2005, 01:09:26 PM »
Re: Tequilla Quality Control Cmte.
My heart is heavy - family committments will keep me from providing my considerable expertise to the First Annual Tequila Sipping (FATS) Cmte.  Nevertheless, I'll be practicing hard up here (guitar too) with the hope that i may be invited to join in 2006, when I will assuredly be back.
BTW: I lost my public performance virginity the other day.  Nerve-wracking, but a blast.  Mind you, I had two wonderful friends who happen to be professional musicians to "back me up" --- I guess I must have made them sound pretty good, 'cause every time one of them did a guitar break, the crowd suddenly fell silent, then applauded wildly. Glad I was able to help their careers.
Home for Hornitos (which is now available in Sudbury, thanks to Weenie Campbell).
keep pickin'
Sudbury 8)
Sudbury

Offline jed

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2005, 09:17:50 PM »
Sudb,

We'll certainly be aggrieved to miss you during (at least the first hour or so of) the Tequila Tasting.  Rest assured, we'll try to represent your will in your absence - as a matter of fact, I warrant that I shall personally despatch your portion of the considered potables - in addition to my own!

I make no guarantee, however, to report on the event.  Which basically means that you'll simply have to make up for lost time next year.

And congrats on becoming a bandleader, and  an obviously good one - often, the leader bogarts the spotlight, but you instinctively knew how to share it with your bandmates, which means they'll always be willing to work for less!

Cheers,
Jed
ok then:  http://jed.net

Offline Sudsbury

• Actually, I'm a Kiwi.
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 06:11:31 AM »
Jed,
I'm humbled by your sacrifice - I'll try to repay you by taking care of your portion of cactus nectar next year :P
Suds
Sudbury

Offline Buzz

• Howdy!
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2005, 10:42:23 AM »
Speaking on behalf of the West Coast Branch of the  Los Locos Conservatory of Music, we are saddened to learn of our Brother Suds' inability to travel West this summer to sip and sing with us at the Pre-Soak and Blues Camp. :'(

The Most Locos Respresentatives on the FATS Committee, especially those who deal with Long-Range Planning, will sponsor a toast of delicious cactus nectar for our far distant Brother. It is our fondest hope that he and his bride will grace our company with their prescence  at the next gathering.  :D

All other guests notwithstanding, and anyone left standing, we shall sip and sing and frollick and cavort like the primitive beasts we are and that we long to yet become, herewith, by attending such invigorating outings such as this one. We shall miss our Brother, but shall wash away our sadness with appropriate refreshment, in his  honor. Hear, hear, indeed... :P
Do good, be nice, eat well, smile, treat the ladies well, and ignore all news reports--which  can't be believed anyway,

Buzz

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2005, 12:14:43 PM »
Miller, it looks like you already got a head start on that cactus juice...

Offline Buzz

• Howdy!
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2005, 03:04:31 PM »
Well, not yet today, at least. My chief at Kaiser, gave me a bottle of Cabo Wabo tequila for my burthday, and I have tossed back a few shots over the past few days, but not for 2 days. Maybe there are little baby agave  plants loose and rolling around up there... ;D
I do remember Deacon calling the stuff " to-kill-ya"... :P
Cheers,
Miller
Do good, be nice, eat well, smile, treat the ladies well, and ignore all news reports--which  can't be believed anyway,

Buzz

Offline jed

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2005, 09:08:53 PM »
Well, guys, this is a Read-All-The-Destructions-Before-Doing-Anything note.

Here's The Latest Scoop, as of Today, May 16:

It's tentatively confirmed, probably for sure:  Pre-Soak begins on Thursday.

But confirmed accommodations definitely begin on Friday (Andrew, this updates our yesterday discussion; sorry for any confusion).  We may not hear anything definite about Thursday nite until - grab your Hornitos - early July. 

Please apply all potential fretting, however, to your respective vintage soundboxes, for two reasons:  we've never missed one yet, and we're working on a possibility to confirm Thursday digs in the next few days.

Watch your Inboxes...

Cheers,
Jed
ok then:  http://jed.net

Offline Buzz

• Howdy!
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 01:22:40 PM »
Dear Jed, Andrew, Frontpage, Slack:

I have given up waiting for discounted fares--every week the fares are the same. I went ahead and scheduled my flights on Southwest just now. JED, YOU HAVE CONFIRMED THAT pRE-SOAK BEGINS tHURSDAY, AND WE ALL KNOW THAT to be there for pre-soak is critical. >:D So, here's the Buzz plan:

I am arriving SWA # 801 in SeaTac at 1 pm on Thursday July? 28.
I will plan to meet up at SeaTAC WITH ANY OF YOU GENTS AND /OR LADIES WHO WISH TO DRIVE UP TOGETHER. It will be too exciting to just get there and get set up, so any delay on the front end visiting friends will be less enjoyable than seeing them after BLues Camp.

I am departing SWA #2476 from SeaTac at 5:10 pm on Monday Aug 8. I will see if one of you fellow drivers will drive to SeaTac by way of Bainbridge Island ferry , then to downtown Seattle, then to Sea Tac to drop off the car and fly home.You would drop me off on Bainbridge and I will visit my friends there for a day.

Jed, will you reserve a van from Rent-a-Wreck in Burien? Will you arrive first and pick up the van, then meet us at the baggage claim area? Or what else do you suggest?

I am enjoying my new old parlor guitar I bought from Todd Cambio--100 year old NYC school,? little lady which he went over thoroughly: new back since the old one kept cracking with each repair, new ladder bracing and ebony bridgeplate for light steel strings. Plays well. Neck a little thicker than my D-35, taking a little getting used to, but she plays well and sounds terrific up the fretboard. Good action and rich tone for a little box. Am very tempted to bring her to PT with the mando.Jeesh, so much to lug along on the plane!
Maybe I'll just bring the mando and play the RJ L-0 of Alex's. Decisions, decisions! :P

Let me hear from you folks!

Buzz

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 03:41:56 PM »
Buzzerouski:

It is entirely possible that I'll be in Seattle on Thurs. morning (91.34%) of Pre-soak, with car.

Let me know if you want me to bring the L-1. I'd be happy to do so.

Alex

Offline thumbstyle

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2005, 08:17:06 AM »
Howdy folks,

I've been stuck in Japan on business for almost a month, so I haven't done anything about signing up for PT or arranging (confirming) pre-soak. But I'm in! Maybe I can fill some of the gaping hole left by Sudbury's absence.

Jed, I don't know if you've been in touch with me about Weenerhausen deposits or whatevah, but if you have, just know that I'm good for it!

I assume I'll be flying up on the Friday from SFO. When I get home in a few days I'll get a flight and check into meeting up with some of you folks for the drive out to PT.

Looking forward to seeing you all, and getting home to some good ol' 'Merican music!

Dave

Offline swampman

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2005, 04:04:10 AM »
Yo Weenies,

There is a 50/50 probability that I have a business meeting in Seattle on Wedndesday night August 3 and I would come up to PT on Thursday.  Is there room available and how much would Weenerhausen cost for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night?  I would also have my fiance, Anne, with me.

Swampman

Jed e-mail me at winterstream@aol.com

Offline swampman

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2005, 07:27:57 AM »
Looks like my project in San Francisco has been postponed due to client vacations.  The net is I won't be making it to PT this year.  Have a great time all and I will definitely attend next year.

Swampman

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2005, 04:51:48 PM »
Sorry we won't see you Swampman. Next year.

I head off tomorrow, folks, so will be incommunicado as of a few hours. For those Weenies we leave behind, plan for next year!

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2005, 05:03:14 PM »
Have a great time folks, I'll be thinking of you. Post some news from the front line if you can. I WILL be there next year.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2005, 06:47:24 PM »
Anyone who's driving in and staying in the Weenie residence: I'll have a portable CD/mp3 player with me and a selection of tunes. If someone has small powered computer speakers they can bring in their vehicle, we can plug in and have tunes while we cook.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal