collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Now your pistol's been fixed so it only shoots blanks; and when the third beer goes down, there's no room in the tank. You've got the forty year blues - Frontpage, Forty Year Blues (a commemoration of certain mortality)

Author Topic: Bertha Lee Lyrics  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Bertha Lee Lyrics
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2020, 04:42:37 PM »
Hi all,
Bertha Lee is another musician with a lot of unissued titles, especially when compared to the only four titles on which she sang that were released: "Yellow Bee", "Mind Reader Blues", Oh Death" and "Troubled 'Bout My Mother". Recorded but unreleased by Bertha Lee, and on all of which she was accompanied by Charlie Patton, are:
   * From January 30, 1934--Southern Whistle Blues, My Man Blues
   * From January 31, 1934--Dog Train Blues, You're Gonna Miss Me, Honey, I've Got A Mother Up in Kingdom, Ananaias, Listen What She Said, Till The Day Is Done, and Oh Lord I'm In Your Hands
   * From February 1, 1934--God's Word Will Never Pass Away and Whiskey Distillery

That's four titles out of fifteen recorded, not even a third. It's an instance in which we miss the singing and the accompaniments both.

All best,
Johnm

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Re: Bertha Lee Lyrics
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2020, 06:16:17 PM »
Not that we’ll ever know, barring some kind of miracle of test pressings surfacing, but I’ve always assumed You’re Gonna Miss Me, Honey was a duet version of Some of These Days.
Chris

Tags: bertha lee 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal