collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Don't never follow you first mind, cause that's the one that's wrong. 'Cause the Devil beats God to you every time! - Son House

Author Topic: Music Online Premium at the National Library of Scotland  (Read 910 times)

Offline Alexei McDonald

• Howdy!
Music Online Premium at the National Library of Scotland
« on: June 26, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »
The National Library of Scotland has brought in the Alexander Street Press's Music Online Premium service on a trial basis until the end of October. Apart from digitised books, scores and so on, there's a fantastic amount of  streaming music to be had, including what looks like most of Document and Folkways, and all free to anyone who lives in Scotland and signs up for the library's digital services.

https://auth.nls.uk/ldc/browse.cfm?by=subject&sid=103

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Re: Music Online Premium at the National Library of Scotland
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 02:56:18 PM »
Amazing! That'll be me signed up sharpish then!

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Tapatalk

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 05:29:08 PM »
What about those of us who have some Scottish ancestors?  Surely they should allow us in to the service.   :)

Offline bnemerov

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 07:02:21 PM »
to dj and other North Americans,
Many University libraries subscribe to Alexander Street Press digital databases (in addition to many others equally as cool; I particularly like the Historic Newspapers db and the African-American Newspapers db). Check several local universities for access policies.
The college in the town where I used to live limited remote access to students, faculty and university employees, but anyone could go  into the library and use the databases on the library's terminals. (hint: Take a thumb drive).
Libraries are one of the hallmarks of civilization (as we know it).
best,
bruce
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:07:58 PM by bnemerov »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal