collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
It's not what you play that's important. It's the notes you DON'T play - Miles Davis, Les Paul, Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe et al

Author Topic: Jimmy Borsdorf has died  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Cleoma

• Howdy!
Jimmy Borsdorf has died
« on: January 12, 2005, 08:26:16 PM »
It is with great sadness that I report that Jimmy Borsdorf passed away last night (January 11) at the hospital in Oroville, after a long struggle with cancer.  His wife of 30 years, Nancy, and friends were with him.  Some of you here will remember Jimmy from many years ago at Port Townsend Blues Week, where he was part of the Vanilla Chocolate Drops who backed up Howard Armstrong.  Jimmy actually claimed to have invented Weenie Campbell...he said that he used that name when he signed up for the concert and other folks picked up on it....anyway he did know about this site, although I am not sure whether he ever actually visited it.  Others of you may know him as a wonderful old-time fiddler.

If anyone is interested in finding out about the memorial event being planned, please email me off-list:  Cleoma@aol.com

Many thanks to those who helped Nancy and Jimmy during Jimmy's illness.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Jimmy Borsdorf has died
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 09:03:53 PM »
Thanks for letting us know Suzy.  I didn't kow Jimmy, but I do remember him from the Port Townsend workshop.  Our thoughts are with all of you and Jimmy's wife and family.

Offline Deacon

• Uff Da!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 09:05:02 AM »
I'm truly saddened by Jimmy's passing.  I learned a lot from his wonderful rhythym work with Howard Armstrong.  He was a friendly, talented musician who was pleased to share what he knew.  He also was quite a crack-up too and as I remember was the originator of Blind Weenie Campbell (first posted at the 94 or 95 participant's concert and endurance test).

I'll remember him fondly - thanks Jimmy! and God bless.

Deacon

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 10:51:32 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear Jimmy has passed.  He was a really good musician and a great guy--a bon vivant and really funny story-teller.  We will miss him.
All best,
Johnm

Tags: Jimmy Borsdorf 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal