collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
When I asked Son House to listen to a particular line from a song by Charley Patton that I could not make out, House laughed. He said "You could sit at Charley's feet and not understand a word he sang." - Jeff Todd Titon, Early Downhome Blues

Author Topic: Mark Graham & Orville Johnson Workshop on Vashon Island  (Read 1848 times)

mcelroy

Mark Graham & Orville Johnson Workshop on Vashon Island
« on: August 30, 2006, 06:35:35 PM »
Hey harp impaired,
Mark Graham and Orville Johnson will host Harmonica and Bottleneck Slide blues Guitar workshops with a concert in the evening.
World class harmonica player Mark Graham is teaching the Harmonica Workshop at Vashon Island Music on Saturday, September 9. The workshop is from 12:00 to 1:30 and cost $40. Preregistration is required and space is limited to 15 harpers. You will need and A harp, pencil and paper and sound recorder if you want (no video).

Orville Johnson will teach the Slide Guitar Workshop from 2:30 to 4:00. Bring a guitar, a finger slide, pencil and paper and sound recorder if you want (no video). Price is also $40 with a 15 person limit.

At 7 p.m. Mark and Orville will be playing a concert also at Vashon Island Music. Concert tickets are $10.

To register contact:
Karen Eliasen (206)463-0552
P.O. Box 2513 Vashon, WA 98070
Located at 17520 Vashon Highway
in the corner of the Thriftway parking lot
Hours: Mon-Sat 11-7, Sun 12-4
Email: Karen@vashonislandmusic.com

Please feel free to forward this to anyone that you think might be interested.

I'd be happy to host a place for folks to hangout at my home between the workshops and concert. We could do a bit of grilling, jam a bit and drink some adult beverages. Please contact me if you are interested in this. I don't wanted people just showing up unannounced.

Harp on,
Greg McElroy
gregandjanis@comcast.net
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 06:40:19 PM by Johnm »

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal