collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The rough side of the mountain is the best side to be on. Because, on the slick side, if you slip, you gonna fall all the way down. But on the rough side, there's a ledge here, so if I slip up, I got something to hold on to. Ha ha! - Doctor G B Burt, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16662606

Author Topic: Gallus Bros and Crow Quill Night Owls - Seattle  (Read 911 times)

Offline nobocaster

• Hot Dog!
Gallus Bros and Crow Quill Night Owls - Seattle
« on: February 07, 2015, 10:11:00 AM »
Howdy Folks,

I want to let you know about some shows coming coming up in Seattle and Bellingham.

First, The Gallus Brothers (who I am one half of) are performing a concert at the Hillman City Collaboratory on Thursday Feb 19, at 8pm.  This is our 10th year of playing together and we're excited for this event.  It will be part sit down concert where we play and talk about the music we play and such, and part dance party with a featured Charleston instructor..  at least that's how it was explained to me.  The venue is at 5623 Rainier Ave S, Seattle 98118.

Next, The Crow Quill Night Owls (with whom I am a dedicated part-time associate) are playing two fun nights of music.  Friday Feb 27 at The Owl and Thistle in downtown Seattle, 9 pm. And Saturday Feb 28 at The Shakedown in beautiful downtown Bellingham, 9pm.  The band will feature Kit Stymee Stovepipe (one of my absolute favorites) on the guitar, Alex Anagnostopolous on the plectrum banjo, Baylin Adaheer on the tub bass, and yours truly on the mandolin and fiddle, playing all your favorite Memphis Jug Band songs and more!

I hope to see some of you NW weenies! 

http://gallusbrothers.blogspot.com/
http://thecrowquillnightowls.bandcamp.com/

Offline nobocaster

• Hot Dog!
Tonight! Gallus Bros - Seattle
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 11:32:35 AM »
Hello Folks,

Just a friendly reminder and a bit more info for you Seattle area weenies..  Come on out!

The Gallus Brothers at The Hillman City Collaboratory 5623 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, 8pm,  $10-20 sliding scale.  The show will feature a 45 minute concert where we play and talk about our interpretations of this music, then dance instruction for those who wish to participate led by Sean Donovan (elements of blues dancing and charleston), then we'll play again til our fingers and your feet are sore! 

I'm particularly looking forward to this show because we get a chance to do the more formal concert thing, and folks can still get down and boogie.  Often we play bar shows where the rowdies are there to dance and get goofy and the music and details get kind of swallowed up in that.  Or on the flip side, we'll play a sit down concert and it can feel a bit stuffy since no one dances.  Tonight's the best of both worlds!

Offline Adam Franklin

Re: Gallus Bros and Crow Quill Night Owls - Seattle
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 01:18:19 AM »
This sounds great! Do you have actual albums, or only downloads?

Here's to a good night, Adam.

Offline nobocaster

• Hot Dog!
Re: Gallus Bros and Crow Quill Night Owls - Seattle
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 07:57:17 AM »
Thanks.  We do have physical CD's available.  Feel free to PM me for more info. 

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal