collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
My boss had us all gather 'round. He said "The computer's gonna make, they gonna make your work easier. Don't you worry 'bout a thing". But don't you know, don't you know, when the work is too easy, Lord they don't need you no more. Computer took my job away from me - Maurice John Vaughan, Computer Took My Job

Author Topic: 2005-2006 Carma Acoustic Blues Series lineup  (Read 1498 times)

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
2005-2006 Carma Acoustic Blues Series lineup
« on: July 15, 2005, 12:57:40 PM »
Hi all:

Here's this seasons line up for the Carma Acoustic Blues Series here in Calgary, Canada. Lookin' good!

Alex

Carma Acoustic Blues Series

There's a history writ of dirt and sweat, a past that can't be contained on any page. Musicians both legendary and emerging take the stage to teach these stories at the 2005-2006 Carma Acoustic Blues Series. Join us as blues masters tell of a past not written in history books!

Cephas and Wiggins
Friday, October 28, 2005 - 8pm
Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 8pm
Cephas and Wiggins breathe new life into the longstanding tradition of the front porch blues-duo delivery, straight up and totally authentic.

Joe Grass
Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 8pm
Currently a rising star on the cast of CBC Radio's Vinyl Cafe, Joe is rapidly becoming a critics favourite for his glassy, ethereal slide guitar and a guttural vocal power that belies his youthful presence.

Morgan Davis
Friday, January 13, 2006 - 8pm
Morgan Davis projects a gritty blues persona, his footstompin', blues revival, swamp-boogie sound reverberating with feel and compassion.

Corky Siegel's Chamber Blues
Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 8pm
Thursday, February 2, 2006 - 8pm
The perception may be that blues and classical music are worlds apart. Corky Siegel's blues harmonica and string-quartet with percussion combo have converted die-hards from both camps.

Jim Byrnes
Friday, March 31, 2006 - 8pm
An accomplished and critically acclaimed actor seen regularly in TV series such as Highlander and Wiseguy, Byrnes is as equally a soulful and intuitive bluesman.

Mary Flower
Friday, April 28, 2006 - 8pm
Mary Flower's performances, chock full of old-time blues and hokum, conjure up the sounds and feel of vaudeville, old jazz and ragtime blues.

All Carma Acoustic Blues Series concerts in EPCOR CENTRE's Engineered Air Theatre

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal