collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
He would sit all night long feeling bad and just continue singing and playing, improvising one song after another, and tears would stream from his eyes. And he'd get other people crying. Then, sometimes, he would be on another kick, you know . . . love. He'd just love women. Listening to him he'd make you think you were, well . . . this can't be written down, but you know what I mean. That is, you couldn't understand what the hell he was singing, but you didn't have to - Blind Lemon Jefferson, remembered by Josh White

Author Topic: Writing in the style of 2  (Read 4075 times)

Offline Mr.Natural

• mano sinistra
Re: Writing in the style of 2
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 03:12:44 AM »
Hi Professor..
I like this cut a lot, the playing, the singing, the writing. Couldn't care less who you were aiming to emulate, it sure sounds authorative enough to be judged on its own.
Problem with nicknames is - maybe I've met you at PT, maybe not..  ;)
Eddy van Gasse / Antwerp
don't mess with the Natch - he flosses with razorblades

Online Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 04:12:23 AM »
Thanks for your kind comment there, Mr Natural -no, i've never been to PT. Hope to one day though!

Offline moedecker

• great to be here
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 05:28:27 AM »
Personally I just plain enjoy it's soothing effect as a mother singing to a baby, thanks... 8)
432 HZ

Offline ArthurBlake

• I laid him out cold, with his heels in a tub.
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 09:11:37 PM »
Well I thought McTell as well but I wasn't totally sure, Leadbelly did also come to mind but there is a riff in there that comes directly from Blind Lemon Jefferson, if ever anyone ever needed proof that Leadbelly had met and known Lemon you just provided it as I seriously doubt the warden at his penitentiary allowed Huddie to own and play a phonograph. Your voice is unique too, certainly not a mimic. Congrats on the tune, yes this is an ancient thread now but I always say great music is timeless and can never die, just like your music Professor.
I met a woman she was a pigmeat some
Big fat mouth, I followed her home
She pulled a gun and broke my jaw
Didnt leave me hard on, I didnt get sore

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal