collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The blues is not a plaything like some people think they are. Like youngsters today, right now they take anything and make the blues out of it. Just any little ol junk something or other and say this is the such and such a blues. NO IT'S NOT. Ain't but ONE kind of blues, and that consists between male and female what's in love. In love. Male and Female - Son House

Author Topic: Old time blues in Nashville?  (Read 1008 times)

Offline poymando

• Howdy!
Old time blues in Nashville?
« on: June 19, 2010, 10:13:36 AM »
I'm going to be relocating to Nashville soon and I was wondering if anyone on the forum knew if there were any musicians in that area who are interested in old time blues. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
Re: Old time blues in Nashville?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 03:46:52 PM »
I walked into a music store on the main drag in Nashville in 1972 picked up a guitar and started playing  Twelve Stix by Gary Davis. A Mailman came in listened and then asked me where I was from. When I answered New York City he replied "I didn't know they played the same music we like up there".
My experience is that many of the guitar players down there know and can play a bit of everything and are familiar with more obscure stuff than you might expect. Just go on over to Gruhn's Guitars and ask. They'll know.
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal