collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
There are 100,000 marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others - Harry Anslinger, testifying to Congress 1937

Author Topic: Snoozer Quinn--anybody heard him?  (Read 5699 times)

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: Snoozer Quinn--anybody heard him?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2023, 08:59:00 AM »
Hi Tony:

Last night it crossed my mind that given the nature of the CD there might be an outside chance it would have been acquired by--or Scott Black would have donated it to--one of the NOLA libraries. This morning I did a search and:

https://www.worldcat.org/title/282012262?oclcNum=282012262

Now all you or someone else has to do is bring a laptop with an optical drive and CD importing software to the Tulane University library and, as they say,  "Bob's Your Uncle."

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2023, 09:33:04 AM »
Stuart, you're a genius!

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2023, 09:57:53 AM »
Stuart, you're a genius!

Hah! Hardly! Even though I earned a PhD from a top-tier university, as a former New Jersey cab driver I have the combined instincts of a rat and a cockroach that allow me to ferret out the good stuff. ;)

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2023, 10:24:43 AM »
I had the great experience of living in N'Awlins between 2003-2009, and spent some happy hours looking through the collection here:

https://library.tulane.edu/locations/tusc/hogan-archive-new-orleans-music-new-orleans-jazz

Absolutely nothing was digitized at that time, they had a very basic setup for burning a CD of the Snoozer Quinn 8-song LP for me. It looks like they've put a major effort into digitizing at least some their holdings and putting them online. Mostly jazz-oriented, of course, but I found some slim files on NO blues players like Richard "Rabbit" Brown when I was there, maybe they've added more since then.

Lindy

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2023, 11:04:10 AM »
Hi Tony: It's possible you might be able to get the two tracks you want through Inter-Library Loan (ILL). Since it's not the entire CD you're after (although that would be nice) it would fall under "Fair Use." Check with the library you use. There might be a fee--but still--it might be worth it to you, depending. The library just might be able to get them as audio files from Tulane.

Offline tonyrees

• Howdy!
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2023, 11:09:52 AM »
Thanks Stuart. Actually I'm in Australia and do not really use ILL at this time - also we do not have confirmation that Tulane actually has this, do we? (WorldCat said "1 edition in 1 library" but then "Unable to find libraries on WorldCat with this item.") ... But someone else is welcome to try!

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2023, 11:29:25 AM »
Hi Tony: The catalog indicates they have it (along with Volume 1) in their holdings and it's available:

https://tinyurl.com/yc892zdb

https://library.tulane.edu/resources/audio-film

Yeah, being in Australia doesn't exactly make access convenient, but maybe one of our WC members who is closer can help out.

Like Lindy, I'm in the Seattle, Washington area, so NOLA ain't exactly within walking distance. But at least we know one copy of the CD appears to be available, along with where it's located, which is a start.

Tags: Snoozer Quinn 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal