collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I ain't no bottle stopper, ain't no police copper, I ain't no cradle rocker, you know I ain't the baby's papa - Funny Papa Smith, Hoppin' Toad Frog

Author Topic: Hand Picked Blues radio show  (Read 1403 times)

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
Hand Picked Blues radio show
« on: November 11, 2020, 11:22:14 AM »
I've been enjoying Richard's and Mendip Slims' Mixcloud programs--thanks to both for the time and effort! 

I want to plug this show, produced by someone who has attended at least 10 Port Townsend workshops and who plays both mando and guitar, not at the same time.

http://cfuv.uvic.ca/cms/?shows=hand-picked-blues

Part of the deal at this station is that a large chunk of programming must originate from Canada. Lucky for us, Canada has a lot of excellent practitioners of acoustic blues, and the host is familiar with them at all levels of obscurity.

Thursdays at 4 pm, Victoria, British Columbia time.

It's non-com radio with a small budget, so it can only archive each show for one week before replacing it with a new one.

Lindy

Offline islandgal

Re: Hand Picked Blues radio show
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 12:35:27 PM »
Lindy,

Thanks for alerting me to this program by my fellow Canuck and Vancouver Islander, Gavin Hodgins. I will definitely be following his show.

Jean

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 05:01:56 PM »
Thanks, Lindy. I just listened to the archived show. Gavin put together a nice mix of the good stuff, IMHO.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 09:49:13 PM »
Very cool. Tons of good stuff but especially good to hear Del and Suzy at the end. Will keep checking it out, eh!

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 09:18:24 AM »
Folks,

I just want to give a quick new plug for this program because this is CFUV's fund drive week.

The way things are in Canada and the US, we rely on non-commercial stations to help keep obscure kinds of music like country blues alive and reaching the uninitiated.

The program is still 4 pm Thursday afternoons, British Columbia time zone. Each show is available for 1 full week after its initial airing.

Thanks for any contributions you can make!

Lindy

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal