collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Brownie McGhee ... says that after the gig all the important folk people came over and told him that he had to move to New York because "they didn't have any blues singers up there; that Josh White was the only one, and he'd gone white." McGhee laughingly adds that when he got to New York and met Josh, "when i saw how much money he was making, I said, 'Hey, show me how to go white too!''" - from Society Blues, Elijah Wale

Author Topic: Guitar insurance  (Read 587 times)

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
Guitar insurance
« on: May 16, 2013, 04:28:47 PM »
Wondering whether anybody has investigated guitar insurance lately and if so who'd they'd recommend as an insurer
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline Mike Brosnan

Re: Guitar insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 06:24:50 PM »
Howdy, O'Muck!
You mighta seen this old thread I started a while ago, but I figured I'd link it here anyways... 
http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=7fe975586c94161a965baca948569e8d&topic=6012.msg48011#msg48011
I've had musicpro for quite a while now but haven't had to file a claim thankfully.  No issues to report thus far.  Though I'd still go with heritage if I could afford it.

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
Re: Guitar insurance
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 10:15:52 AM »
I looked into insurance a while back, and what a maelstrom it would be. An appraisal on every guitar, then submit these to the insurance company along with your security measures. Lots of scope for the jerks to later deny your claim for whatever reason.

If you have two or three guitars, fine but with older ones where "replacement" is difficult or impossible, a real snake's nest.

Alex

Offline Bill Roggensack

• Not dead yet!
Guitar insurance
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 11:52:51 PM »
Collect premiums, deny claims. The perfect business model.

Sent from Mr. Page's iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers,
FrontPage

Tags: insurance 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal