collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Ain't nothing hurting me but my back and side. Ain't nothing worrying me but my wife and child - Billy Boy Arnold, Prisoner's Plea

Author Topic: Guitar Day, Stamford, England, June 9, 2007  (Read 3073 times)

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Guitar Day, Stamford, England, June 9, 2007
« on: May 29, 2007, 03:57:13 PM »
Hi all,
I (John Miller) will be performing at the Stamford Guitar Day on Saturday, June 9, 2007 at the Art Centre in Stamford, England in Lincolnshire.  Also appearing at the one-day event will be Kicking Mule recording artist Nick Katzman with singer Thomasina Winslow and Australian guitarist and singer Jeff Lang.  We will all be teaching workshops in the afternoon and the event will conclude with an evening concert.  I hope to reunite with some of my English Weenie friends and fellow EBA Blues Week attendees from past years, especially since I wasn't there last summer and won't be there this summer either.  I know it may be a long way to come for one day, but maybe I'll see some of you.
all best,
Johnm 

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Re: Guitar Day, Stamford, England, June 9, 2007
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 02:16:36 AM »
John,

I've got my ticket and I know 2 or 3 other weenies going also.
 Do you want me to book you in to the Thai restaurant for the early evening meal?

Phil

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 09:47:56 AM »
It's a real shame they've reduced this event from a weekend guitar festival to a one-day event this year. I've been down for the last two years but, as you say, it's a long way to go for one day only! Have  a great time all you closer-at-hand Weenies! And may the sun shine for you. I'm really scunnered (as we say) to be missing this, especially with the quality of the guests!
Prof S

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 10:14:26 AM »
Thai food sounds great, Phil, especially with great company!  I'm sorry you won't be able to make it, Professor, but I understand--it's quite a haul from Edinborough for one day!  I hope to see and hear you next time I'm in England.  I should say, too, that the intent was not to downsize the Guitar Festival as it has been in the past, a week-end long event, but due to a combination of circumstances, there was a real possibility that nothing at all would happen this year.  Great thanks to David Popple for squeezing in the Guitar Day and ensuring that the Guitar Festival maintains some momentum, though in a slightly reduced version.  I look forward to reuniting with old friends and making new ones.
All best,
Johnm   

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal