collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side - Hunter S. Thompson

Author Topic: Michael Messer's Acoustic Blues Weekend  (Read 714 times)

Offline Michael Messer

• Shine On
    • Michael Messer
Michael Messer's Acoustic Blues Weekend
« on: August 12, 2013, 10:47:34 AM »
Hi everyone (especially UK and European members),

I have taken over the Pocklington Acoustic Blues Weekend from Euro Blues Promotions.

The weekend will be much the same as they have always been, but I do intend to spice it up and bring in some new ideas. These additions will not be in the Arts Centre's printed brochure, but will appear on other publicity material.

As it stands at present, this is what will be in the brochure.....

'Michael Messer's Acoustic Blues Weekend'

15th - 16th - 17th November 2013

Meeting on Friday 15th November at midday and classes starting at 1:30pm through until 5:00pm.
Friday night - there is usually a student concert which will happen, but I am considering bringing in someone to do a set.
Saturday classes run from 10:00am through to 5:00pm with an hour for lunch and a couple of coffee breaks.
Saturday night - there will be a concert which is also open to the public.
Sunday classes will start at 10:30 through until 3:000pm. Lunch will be provided by the Arts Centre.

Tutors:

Michael Messer - Bottleneck slide guitar

Ed Genis - Acoustic blues guitar (incorporating fingerpicked country blues, rhythm and lead playing in an acoustic blues setting)

Michael Messer & Ed Genis - A class/workshop about playing in a duo and how we arrange the guitar parts

I may bring in another tutor to do one-on-one lessons through the weekend and hold an extra two hour class, maybe on Sunday morning, on one or two pre-war blues players (for example; Blind Boy Fuller & Robert Johnson).

The prices are the same as they have been for a few years, but I am adding a day ticket for the Friday.

Weekend ticket (including Saturday concert) - ?135.00
Friday or Sunday ticket - ?35.00
Saturday ticket (including concert) - ?75
Saturday concert ticket - ?10.00

That is pretty much what I have at present. I would be very interested to hear people's thoughts on what I am programming and what additions they might like to see at this event.

The Feathers Hotel is the nearest place to book a room, but there are other cheaper options around town. The Arts Centre and many of our regular participants can advise about B & Bs around town.

Any additions or changes to the programme will be on this thread.

Thanks, Looking forward to it!

Shine On
Michael.

Offline Michael Messer

• Shine On
    • Michael Messer
Re: Michael Messer's Acoustic Blues Weekend
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 06:25:55 AM »
Hello UK Weenies,

Just a note to say there are still a few tickets left for our gig on Saturday 16th November at Pocklington Arts Centre in North Yorkshire.

Tickets are ?10:00 from http://www.pocklingtonartscentre.co.uk/events/theatre

We look forward to seeing you!

Thanks,

Shine On
Michael

[attachment deleted by admin]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal