collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
She was really an ugly woman... but when she opened her mouth - that was it! You forgot everything. She knew how to sing those blues, and she got right into your heart. What a personality she had. One of the greatest of all singers - Champion Jack Dupree quoted in Ma Rainey and The Classic Blues Singers, Derrick Stewart-Baxter

Author Topic: James Clem UK gigs and workshops in May  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Big River

• jamesclem.com
James Clem UK gigs and workshops in May
« on: May 03, 2010, 09:41:53 PM »
Hi Friends, I have a couple of rare gigs in England coming up. On Saturday, May 15 at 6 pm, I will be performing in Portland, Dorset at Drill Hall. This is a benefit for the Portland Stone and Quarry Trust. There also will be a blues / swing ukulele workshop that afternoon from 1-2:30 pm and a blues slide guitar workshop from 3-4:30 pm. The workshops are only five pounds each, so tell a friend. Go to www.learningstone.org for info on that date. On Sunday, May 16, I will playing at Charlotte Street Blues in London at 6 pm.
I will be in the UK from May 6-20 for a bit of a holiday and we are putting together some last minute gigs. You can get in touch with me thru the Forum, my YouTube channel inbox at www.youtube.com/mrbissonet, website or MySpace page. Whew! I hope to meet some fellow players and blues fans while over there.
 Please check out the my YouTube videos to get an idea of what you will hear. In the Performance Corner I have three pretty recents videos posted... "Things "Bout Comin' My Way", "Traveling Blues" and "I'm Nuts About that Gal". Last year I played several large uke festivals in the states and somehow people think that is my main instrument! It is just a fun sideline. Anyway, thanks for reading this. James

www.myspace.com/clemjames. www.jamesclem.com. www.youtube.com/mrbissonet

Offline Big River

• jamesclem.com
Re: James Clem UK gigs and workshops in May
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 01:57:04 PM »
Hey there, Stuart from the Delta Echoes duo has invited me to come down and play some tunes at their Rose & Crown pub gig in St Albans on Monday, May 10. Starts at 8:30 pm (maybe I can talk the pub into an earlier start as an opening act). I will be there (unless I get some fantastic too good to pass up other offer for that evening!). Come on down and "let's have a natural ball" (as T-Bone Walker says).
Also, London area Forum players think about bringing your acoustic axe down to my London gig on May 16 at Charlotte Street Blues. I will be doing a set from 6-7 pm and they will have an acoustic from 7-8 pm and then I will do my thing again. Keep me informed for any playing opportunities, workshops, in store performance, etc. You can contact me thru the WC site. Cheers, James

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal