collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Don't let a woman know you love her, if you do you have done wrong - Arthur Petties, Out On Santa Fe Blues

Author Topic: lightnin' hopkins melody  (Read 872 times)

Offline unezrider

lightnin' hopkins melody
« on: October 27, 2010, 03:07:23 PM »
hello friend,
i have never tried recording before, & i found it was actually kind of a challenge. the hardest thing was trying not to look at the computer screen while i was playing, because every time i did i would flub a note or two.  ::)  plus the sound isn't the best going directly into the computer, but it's all i have to work with. & really, i just wanted to hear what it sounded like?
the sound in the room is much better than what comes through on the video. & i know there are a few missed notes, but if anyone wants to listen & offer any advise, i am all ears! (practice standing up & playing more goes without saying  ;) )
my take on a familiar lightnin' hopkins theme (i just noticed youtube messed it up. the sound is off from the video & it ends about a minute too soon.)
chris

none the less

"Be good, & you will be lonesome." -Mark Twain

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
Re: lightnin' hopkins melody
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 12:50:33 PM »
Well it sounds all right to me, very confident in fact. Are you doing this with the guitar plumbed straight into the computer or via a mic, because it doesn't sound like the usual crappy laptop mic!

My only other comment is to suggest doing it on an acoustic  :P
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline unezrider

Re: lightnin' hopkins melody
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 02:26:57 PM »
thanks for the kind words, richard!
i'm plugged straight into my amp. so the only mic is the one built into my computer (iMAC). & i was using 'photo booth' to record it. the video reminds me of early film footage, because for some reason the sound is being played back at normal speed, but the visual is sped up to what i'm guessing is x2. (that happened while youtube was processing it)
i've tried recording acoustic once into the mac & it just sounded so thin. like it doesn't want to pick up much of the low end at that volume. & too many of the guitars overtones & such were non existant. otherwise i would have more.
chris
"Be good, & you will be lonesome." -Mark Twain

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal