collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Listen to that man play that Tennessee chicken. Watch him, he taps both feet at the same time. Boy, he likes his Cincinnati chicken. Go crazy. Aint gonna live long now! - John Dilleshaw, Streak O' Lean, Streak O' Fat

Author Topic: Blues Mandolin Man- Yank Rachell  (Read 1438 times)

mississippijohnhurt1928

Blues Mandolin Man- Yank Rachell
« on: August 08, 2007, 06:45:02 PM »
I have nearly finished reading this great book which consists mainly of interviews with Yank made sometime in the 1990s (Probably '95/'96 since he did die before his life's story could be finished by him.)

Has anyone else here read this book?

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Re: Blues Mandolin Man- Yank Rachell
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 11:59:22 PM »
Yup, and Yank gets extra points for the cross-dresser story.  :o
Chris

Offline mr mando

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 06:17:15 AM »
OF COURSE I read it when it came out. It's a nice book. Now that you mention it, I'm reminded of my favorite Yank quote from the book which I'll add to the 2007 Quote Drive soon.

Griffis

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 11:08:14 AM »
ooh. This is news to me! Can't wait to track it down. I love this guy. His work with Sleepy John Estes and his appearance in the Louie bluie documentary are wonderful.

I recently purchased a Document label CD by a man named Al Miller who could also be called a mandolin bluesman, though he did a lot of hokum and jazz as well. Interesting CD. According to the liner notes, almost nothing is known of him.

mississippijohnhurt1928

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 05:07:59 PM »
ooh. This is news to me! Can't wait to track it down. I love this guy. His work with Sleepy John Estes and his appearance in the Louie bluie documentary are wonderful.

I recently purchased a Document label CD by a man named Al Miller who could also be called a mandolin bluesman, though he did a lot of hokum and jazz as well. Interesting CD. According to the liner notes, almost nothing is known of him.

I just listened to an All Miller song: "Ain't That A Mess"

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal