The Unwound Third > Site Announcements, Tips & Trouble Reports

Special character code in RSS Feed

(1/4) > >>

Bluesy Chris:
Hi, there is a special character code showing up in the RSS feed messages: Example: "I think it'#039s bought instead of brought". See also attached Screenshot. I use Thunderbird 102.13.0 (64 bits). Bluesy regards, Bluesy Chris

Stuart:
Looks like the release you are using is dated July 5, 2023. It is probably a bug that has not been fixed yet. Try Firefox or Chrome and see what you get. It looks like it happens when the underlying code for an apostrophe is not correctly converted to the proper screen font. There are a few message boards that address this problem, although not with Thunderbird 102.13.0. Submit a bug report at the site. Be specific.

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/102.13.0/releasenotes/

Three apostrophes: ' ' '

Bluesy Chris:
Hi Stuart,
Since several weeks I don't receive any posts anymore from your feed. In my settings and on your webpage I don't find the address of your feed anymore.
Could you please put the link to the feed in your answer ?
Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Bluesy Chris

Stuart:
Hi Bluesy Chris:

I'm somewhat puzzled by your message. I do not have a website and I do not have a feed. I suggest you re-read my original response and contact Thunderbird technical support. Hopefully they can resolve the problem you have been having with their product.

Bluesy Chris:
Sorry I got confused, I thought I had subscribed to an RSS feed.
It might be useful to provide a guideline on how to subscribe to notifications from the forums on weeniecampbell.com.
Kind regards, Bluesy Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version