collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Everybody would grab a guitar and listen to somebody else and call themselves a folk singer. When they didn't know no more songs, they'd run out of them - Brownie McGhee

Author Topic: Jayme Stone's Lomax Project  (Read 762 times)

Offline David Kaatz

Jayme Stone's Lomax Project
« on: March 05, 2015, 05:51:52 PM »
Hey gang,
I heard Jayme Stone perform at Wintergrass bluegrass festival last weekend, with a selection of the musicians that appear on his album, just released. I was impressed enough to purchase the album, it became available Mar 3. https://jaymestoneslomaxproject.bandcamp.com/
The album is focusing on songs collected by folklorist and field recording pioneer Alan Lomax. Well produced, good sounding, with interesting/informative liner notes.
No slavish recreation of tunes, but a respectful updating and personalizing with the performers at hand. My one quibble is that one of the singers, Margaret Glaspy, is a bit mannered for my taste, but I think she has beautiful tone and intonation nonetheless.

Anyway, the purchase price for digital download is only $11 Canadian, so a good price for us Yanks anyway. You can preview a few of the tracks at the link above.

Dave

Tags: Lomax 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal