collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The British ballads became a new kind of form in their hand. And out of them came the blues, a new kind of song of commentary and satire, a song form which, after all, has become the main musical form of the whole human species. - Alan Lomax

Author Topic: between midnight and day (a book by dick waterman)  (Read 2352 times)

Offline ryan

between midnight and day (a book by dick waterman)
« on: February 12, 2005, 11:35:30 PM »
I just bought the book entitled "Between Midnight and Day" by Dick Waterman.  It has some amazing blues pictures and some of which I had never seen before.  The commentary on the memories of each of the photo's were interesting and well written.  One of my favorite's was how Dick Waterman took Mississippi John Hurt to the movies, and MJH response about the boys starring in the movie (the Beatles).  All around this book is well worth the money to own some of the greatest blues pic's I have ever seen, and for some additional insight about some of our favorite artists.
Highly reccomended!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ryan

Re: between midnight and day (a book by dick waterman)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 11:39:02 PM »
Another cool book I've been reading (trying to anyways in-between school & work ).  Great pics as well!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal