Country Blues > Performance Corner

Started a new YouTube channel

(1/2) > >>

crustypicker:
Hey gang, finally decided to start a YouTube channel if any of y’all want to check it out. I’m gonna keep making more videos but I got a few up of me and the lady playing tunes. Let me know what y’all think. I’m not gonna try to be a perfectionist about it it’s just for fun but I think there are some good moments. Any way let me know what you think. I figure I’ve gotten a lot of inspiration from the weenie community and Ivedecided to try to give some back. Cheers! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCuBUR_etLKOOZ5Ex96sJ9uw

Prof Scratchy:
The combination of National and cello is a winner!

crustypicker:
Thanks I like the combo too. She uses a bass bow to get a little extra “womp” in there. Pretty fun stuff though been having fun learning these raggy jazz tunes.

Johnm:
Hi crustypicker,
I enjoyed the performances you posted, and agree with Prof Scratchy that you and the cellist really sound good together. You have a nice feel and energy for the material you've selected--it really suits you. Well done! By the way, if you're looking for more material on which the cello would really suit, seek out Leecan & Cooksey's recording of "Shortnin' Bread"--it's die-happy stuff.
All best,
Johnm

tmylet:
Great stuff! My long suffering partner and I have been whiling away the lockdown playing cello/mandolin: Bessie Smith, Miss. Sheiks, Charlie Poole, Al Miller, et. al. Although her approach is more Jug than cello we've been looking around similar musical corners. Looking forward to more....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version