collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Now folks, I'm gonna give you a little of Old Dan Tucker, containing more heterogeneous constipolicy, double flavor and unknown quality than usual - Uncle Dave Macon

Author Topic: Britain's Other Blues Show - Bank Holiday Country Blues  (Read 496 times)

Offline Gary Blue

• Hi
Britain's Other Blues Show - Bank Holiday Country Blues
« on: August 22, 2012, 01:00:29 PM »
To mark the Bank Holiday, and twelve years of me getting away with broadcasting on UK commercial FM radio, STAR BLUES will present two full hours of acoustic and country blues.

Please forgive the gratuitous plug but it would be good if some of the great and good from WeenieCampbell dropped by on Sunday at 10pm (BST) on Star107.9/1FM around Cambridge and Ely - or from www.star107.co.uk

===
BTW, congrats to Bunker Hill
gb
Writer, Researcher, Producer and Presenter of the weekly radio show STAR BLUES (from Cambridge, UK)

Sundays from 10pm on Star107.9/1FM and streaming live from www.star107.co.uk

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Britain's Other Blues Show - Bank Holiday Country Blues
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 05:05:29 PM »
I will tune in. For folks in the USA that's Sunday 5pm EDT time, 4pm CDT, 3pm MDT, 2pm PDT

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 02:02:45 AM »
Well done, Gary. Seem to remember running into you in Grammar School Records in Rye(?) once.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Gary Blue

• Hi
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 03:52:06 AM »
Guilty as charged. Was there again in June and picked up some crackin' rock'n'roll discs. Could happily spend days in there rummaging and chatting to folks who really know their stuff.
-----
BTW Last nights show has already had some positive feedback - my blog has had more visits in 8 hours than I normally get in 2 days. So I will be doing another similar show before long. Other blues shows marked 20 years since SRV died, I played Mance Lipscomb.

gb
Writer, Researcher, Producer and Presenter of the weekly radio show STAR BLUES (from Cambridge, UK)

Sundays from 10pm on Star107.9/1FM and streaming live from www.star107.co.uk

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 08:22:59 AM »
Yes Gary, the young shop manager is my son, Matt. He's picked up a lot of info. about different genres of music over the years, including bits about blues and other roots music from me.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal